Help please. tring to transfer contacts from an att Iphone to my thunderbolt

mjacob2448

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping that someone has a easy way for me to transfer my contacts from my att Iphone to my new thunderbolt. I am not that technical and looking for the easiest way if there is such a thing. ATT is no help and Apple is about just as much. Verizon tries but really isnt getting anywhere and I am sure I am not the first with this issue.
SO PLEASE HELP AND please MAKE IT EASY AND STEP BY STEP. I am a new comer to android and having difficult time figuring out much of it.

Thanks in advance for any ones help

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Only way I can think of is, by using a Google account. Add your contacts to your Google account, then it will be synched when you activate your account on your thunderbolt.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Try connecting the phones by bluetooth and go into your contacts and send. Not sure the procedure from the iphone but i just did this for my buddy's incredible 2 from a blackberry.

Another way is if you have the option to have your contacts as a .vcf file and email to your phone. the TB will recognize the file and ask you if you want to load the contacts.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Android is about Google... I'd get a Google account and back all your iPhone contacts to your Google account... then it's a simple sign on with your Android phone.

mjacob2448

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Android is about Google... I'd get a Google account and back all your iPhone contacts to your Google account... then it's a simple sign on with your Android phone.
I appreciate all the help. I understand that I need to get all the iPhone contacts into my Google account but just not sure how to do that without having to add them all manually. Does anyone know a way to get the iPhone contacts into the my Google acct?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd bring it back to a VZW store... hopefully someone that has worked with AT&T iPhone's will be there and can help you... I'm guessing by the sounds of it you don't have an active data plan on your iPhone, otherwise I'd just create a Google email account on your iPhone and transfer the contacts... am I correct in my guess???

MikeDUBS

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
1 sync contacts in itunes. this will save them to your windows contact (assuming you are using a windows machine). 2 export your contacts from windows contacts to a .csv file. 3 import the .csv file into your google account. 4 sync your phone with your google account and you should be good to go.

hope this helps

Last edited:

Hawk11nw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I used outlook to do it, I synced contacts from iphone to outlook, (did some editing actually), then using HTC Sync synced my contacts to my Thunderbolt. worked awesome for me and I always have a backup. ( I love Google, tried the contact feature but it kept doubling up some of my contacts and calendar dates. didnt want to deal with that again)

mjacob2448

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. THis is my wifes phone. I switched her from ATT to my verizon acct so she no longer has an active ATT account and we even ported her number over. She has an older mac at home and an work ibm laptop with outlook. The mac doesnt have outlook. I suppose I could hook it up to my outlook on my laptop but I think I would need to create a new contact list so not to confuse them with mine. The difficult part to me is getting the contacts off the iphone. Once I have them in some v card list then I believe it is very easy to import them into gmail. I am hoping that someone could give me the easiest ay now knowing all the conditions as which would be the very best way to get the contacts off the old phone so I could then import them into my gmail account. Please keep helping me find the way and thank you all so very much as I am just not that good yet with this new phone, I have enough trouble just turning it on, LOL

ch2x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help please. tring to transfer contacts from an att Iphone to

It's actually quite easy to sync contacts between from iPhone to Google via iTunes. In iTunes, select the phone to sync and the then select the "Info" tab. Under the heading of Contacts, select to sync with Google.

Reactions: Nchaka
Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I used outlook to do it, I synced contacts from iphone to outlook, (did some editing actually), then using HTC Sync synced my contacts to my Thunderbolt. worked awesome for me and I always have a backup. ( I love Google, tried the contact feature but it kept doubling up some of my contacts and calendar dates. didnt want to deal with that again)

This

Sent from my buddy's Andriod using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez