Some apps will not update successfully...

fyrekraker

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this the last couple of days, I will have the notice for apps to update, they download and install or so it would seem, and I get an " Update unsuccessful" icon for each one. When I check the icon it talks.me "Couldn't install on usb storage or SD drive".
It seems to me.this hasn't been an issue with any of the numerous updates my apps have received previously . I've tried unmounting and remounting the SD card, and even tried moving " stupid zombies" back onto the phone from the SD card, and get the same error. Some apps will update normally.

I imagine I'm doing something wrong, I wonder if any of you have any input? Running stock with the old update..not the new one.

Last edited:

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Has been happening to me too. Thought it was just me... But mine says not enough storage / space which is ridiculous. I even went as far as to reflash BAMF 1.7 & still having problems. I finally figured out if I uninstall from phone(not market) & reinstall it will take the update. But something is quirky somewhere ...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Also on our Droid Charge. In fact some of the apps stopped working and can't be reloaded like GM Onstar. Next time around I think we are going with IPhones Android is a great idea but its like PC computers to many different developers and not enough quality control and testing I'm pretty much done with Android. I need a phone and operating system that is more stable and reliable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress