wifi hotspot ends june 15th ?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So the WiFi hot spot ends next Wednesday the 15th ?

So if it ends does anyone know a program to get the hotbot free ? With my old phone I downloaded a program and it worked great for free.. anyone know any for free ?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a one click way to root the phone ? I new to Android and don't really know much about rooting. Can you pm me a link of how to.. I'm just scared to mess up the phone or something

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a one click way to root the phone ? I new to Android and don't really know much about rooting. Can you pm me a link of how to.. I'm just scared to mess up the phone or something

In the Thunderbolt rooting sub forum there are stickied posts explaining how to root. Before you start, read the posts and understand the process. Rooting will wipe your phone so consider why you want to root before proceeding. Good luck.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
BTW, has anyone noticed the coincidence between the free hotspot scheduled to end on 6/15 and the new update scheduled to download OTA starting 6/15? My guess is the new update also includes whatever is needed to start the paid hotspot service.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
For those of us that have used/tried it for the last couple of months it would be nice to know what our actual usage was for future decisions as to if we want it or not.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
BTW, has anyone noticed the coincidence between the free hotspot scheduled to end on 6/15 and the new update scheduled to download OTA starting 6/15? My guess is the new update also includes whatever is needed to start the paid hotspot service.

Wireless hotspot still works with the leaked update.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
For those of us that have used/tried it for the last couple of months it would be nice to know what our actual usage was for future decisions as to if we want it or not.

You can view your usage on your Verizon bill. Though I do not think it breaks out the hotspot usage.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I asked a VZW rep about this yesterday when I went in to get our iPhone 4 all set up. He had no idea and there has been no word. And this guy seemed to know more than most of them...lol!

I find it really freaking unbelievable that it is June now and VZW still has not announced (or maybe even figured out?) hot spot pricing. I mean seriously, is the whole department that deals with that on an extended vacation or what?

It's really kinda pizzing me off! :mad:

ShelJW

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Called Verizon today and asked about this.

Yeah, they DO plan to stop the free hot spot feature on June 15th.

No... she had NO IDEA what the cost will be if you wish to continue for the feature!

Rather strange.....

vomviersen

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I whined on Twitter:
Free hotspot access for VZW Thunderbolt supposedly ends in 2 days, still can't find pricing info anywhere. Including from Verizon. WTF?

Verizon answered:
Pricing will be sent to you via text on/after 6/15. I take it that you enjoyed the feature? ^AH

I'm glad that someone answered, but it still would be nicer to know what the pricing will be BEFORE 6/15!

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
They probably haven't finalized yet that's why there are barely and leaks about the pricing. Hopefully we get another month or two

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am a rooted user, and I am unable to use the WIRELESS TETHER APP that u cant find on the app market (u still can find it if you go into airplane mode then enable wifi, then open the market and it will show up, kinda wierd that you have to do it that way) .... the only app that works perfectly and IS avail on the market without tricks to find it is BARNACLE WIFI TETHER app... just an FYI :) and I personally like BARNACLE WIFI TETHER better than the other one... have fun