Unable to send text messages

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
did you recently block any #'s on vzw's website or using any application?

i blocked a number from texting me--but apparently i inadvertently hacked the system to prevent any messages from being sent/received by me.
i had to remove the number to restore text services.

who knew you could do so much with vzw's interface of 3 text boxes?

mlott132

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
did you recently block any #'s on vzw's website or using any application?

i blocked a number from texting me--but apparently i inadvertently hacked the system to prevent any messages from being sent/received by me.
i had to remove the number to restore text services.

who knew you could do so much with vzw's interface of 3 text boxes?

Nope. I am using Handcent SMS. I compared the settings on my phone to those of my wifes and there are no differences other than her's works and mine does not.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I am using Handcent SMS. I compared the settings on my phone to those of my wifes and there are no differences other than her's works and mine does not.

hm. well then that's a pickle.

apart from

1) clear the app's cache (home screen>menu>settings>applications>manage applications>downloaded>handcent sms>)
2) disable mobile network, then re-enable it (home screen>menu>settings>wireless networks>mobile network)

if you try 1 & it doesn't work--try 2, if that doesn't work then i'm out of ideas (apart from a factory reset--but that seems a little drastic)

are you still able to get online via 3g/4g and/or use google talk and send emails/make calls?

if 1 or 2 doesn't work, i'd call VZW tech support and ask them. they're not the greatest, but they can do things over the network that you or i can't (rooted or not)

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Probably a silly question, but have you restarted the phone?

This has happened to me on a few rare occasions, and each time a simple reboot did the trick.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue when I first got my phone and a restart didn't clear the problem. I had to do a battery pull to get it to work. After that, no further problems with sending SMSs.

Bill

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the opposite problem today! I could not get any text messages! I usually get tons ftom
twitter. I played with my settings, and still didn't get any! So as a thought I rebooted my phone
and voila, I got about 100 all at the same time!! Just weird!

karen 3

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
I was unable to send text and my keyboard was missing. After 4 hours of trying to solve this problem. I found the steps on how to fix the issue.
1. Go to Menu>setting>application >application manager>top right corner, tap more>scroll down to Samsung keyboard>touch Forcestop>ok>touch Clear data under storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress