Does anyone know if the G2 radio is capable of getting on the much anticipated AWS LTE?

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone out there is in the know on this topic. I know the current radio configuration doesn't seem like it is enabled, but can it be with an update?

The proposition excites me!

Posted via Android Central App

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone out there is in the know on this topic. I know the current radio configuration doesn't seem like it is enabled, but can it be with an update?

The proposition excites me!

Posted via Android Central App

Verizon AWS LTE runs on Band4. The LG VS980 supports Band4 (LTE1700/2100). So it seems as if it should...

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So VZW has officially launched Band 4 AWS in select cities. Here is a qoute from a Phonedog article from this morning:

"Verizon says that it's already got a handful of products that support the service, like the iPhone 5s and 5c, Galaxy S 4 and the Droid Mini, Ultra and Maxx. The carrier is also planning to update other Android devices, like the Galaxy Note 3, to support its AWS network. It's expected that almost every Verizon smartphone released from this point on will support its upgraded network.".

So I assume an update from VZW needs to issued for the G2 to have this capability too?