New LG G2 died in electronic spiral

Keenergap

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Lg G2 on Dec 31. I have LOVED it. I use it for weather, alarm, email, texting, never do Facebook with it and limited internet with it..........Then over the last week it went haywire. First I lost the ability to do anything by voice. Then I lost the icon for DIALING on the phone. I took it to Verizon yesterday and they tried to reset it and the whole touch screen stopped working unless you used a stylus and tapped every motion at least 4 or 5 times..............I paid $12 for them to ship me a new phone overnight, but I'm worried now that this could happen to me again in a few months...........Has anyone had problems with the G2 doing a total failure like this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
This is the first I have heard of this. I can ask around to some of the other site leaders if they have come across anything like this.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
my hotspot stopped working. Sent it back to LG. They refurbished it for free and returned it to me. They even replaced the screen. That's been my only problem.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Lg G2 on Dec 31. I have LOVED it. I use it for weather, alarm, email, texting, never do Facebook with it and limited internet with it..........Then over the last week it went haywire. First I lost the ability to do anything by voice. Then I lost the icon for DIALING on the phone. I took it to Verizon yesterday and they tried to reset it and the whole touch screen stopped working unless you used a stylus and tapped every motion at least 4 or 5 times..............I paid $12 for them to ship me a new phone overnight, but I'm worried now that this could happen to me again in a few months...........Has anyone had problems with the G2 doing a total failure like this?

Welcome to Android Central :)
This sounds like an isolated issue on a defective unit. Haven't seen anyone else have issues like this.
I think your replacement G2 should be fine :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress