What Does the VZ G2 Backup Actually Do?

rjr1049

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Now that KK has arrived, I have been thinking of doing a factory reset which is often recommended when a new OS is installed. The Verizon G2, which I have, has a backup feature which I have turned on and I am wondering about what this actually does. Does it really backup apps and their data (account numbers, passwords, and whatever) which is what the description in the app suggests or does it really not save everything? Also, how often is the backup done? Doing a factory reset is not a disaster if it needs to be done but I am running stock without root. I know Titanium will do this type of full backup but was wondering what is on the phone. Any help is appreciated.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Now that KK has arrived, I have been thinking of doing a factory reset which is often recommended when a new OS is installed. The Verizon G2, which I have, has a backup feature which I have turned on and I am wondering about what this actually does. Does it really backup apps and their data (account numbers, passwords, and whatever) which is what the description in the app suggests or does it really not save everything? Also, how often is the backup done? Doing a factory reset is not a disaster if it needs to be done but I am running stock without root. I know Titanium will do this type of full backup but was wondering what is on the phone. Any help is appreciated.
It gets disabled immediately on every phone I own. :)

Seriously though, it is kind of a redundant backup to Google Account backup, if you have Phone contacts they will be backed up (Google Account only maintains google contacts), along with a handful of account and settings that vary by model. It isn't really useful for most people. especially if you use Ultimate Backup or TiBu and is just a data waster.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It does the same thing as using Google. Backs up contacts, and videos, pics, music if you have the space. If you have an Android, Gmail account, and Drive...you have the same thing. Redundant is correct. No need in both. I disabled Sync since BUA cant be stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus...this saves data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non