OTA update not working Error 0x1111004

John Parabellum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I cannot get my LG G2 to update OTA. It was rooted using IO root and I never did the hotspot hack. Is there any other issue that might be causing this problem?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I cannot get my LG G2 to update OTA. It was rooted using IO root and I never did the hotspot hack. Is there any other issue that might be causing this problem?

Well, this is the reason why you are not getting the OTA update because you are rooted the vendor is not allowing your device to update I would say first unroot your device and then try updating over the OTA.

redhatabhi

May 19, 2014
Visit site
i am also getting same error please let me know is this was solved & what is there in this update so i can decide do i need to update it or not i am already on KitKat 4.4.2

Henrik Bo Andersen

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Try using LG PC Suite. I had the same problem. I then connected the G2 to my pc and PC Suite told me a new update was available. The update went without any errors, but the G2 is now unrooted, but that is, I suppose, to be expected. You will have to re-root Your device. I hav'nt done this yet, so I can't tell if it will succeed.

Henrik

RootBurek

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Try using LG PC Suite. I had the same problem. I then connected the G2 to my pc and PC Suite told me a new update was available. The update went without any errors, but the G2 is now unrooted, but that is, I suppose, to be expected. You will have to re-root Your device. I hav'nt done this yet, so I can't tell if it will succeed.

Henrik

Thanks to Henrik.

I couldn't upgrade my LG G2 mini 4.4.2 rooted to 5.0.2.
Although I unrooted the phone I still get error 0x1111004. With LG PC Suit it takes about 1 hour and now am I happy with my lollipop.