How should I do this?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So here's the deal: have a charge now, but would prefer the revolution, and then eventually the bionic. The problem though is that I got my charge on the 30th, and best buy only does returns within 30 days, and the rumored launch date for the bionic isn't until august 4th. I would like to avoid eBay/full price nonsense at all costs, which limits my options.

Basically here's what I'm thinking: return the charge and downgrade to a dumbphone for a day. Then get a revolution at best buy on the 6th (before the tiered plans launch) which would give me until august 6th for an exchange for the bionic. Its not ideal, and I feel like a jerk for doing that to best buy, but what else can I do? There's not really any other option besides risking it and then begging best buy to do an exchange beyond 30 days.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Exchange is from original purchase date, so your plan won't work. You're stuck with what you got at day 31.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Exchange is from original purchase date, so your plan won't work. You're stuck with what you got at day 31.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Sorry I meant that I wouldn't be exchanging the charge, I would be returning it and downgrading to a phone I already have. Then picking up the revolution on another day.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So here's what I'm thinking: ill exchange the charge for the revolution, and get best buys buyback plan. That way, if I can't get at least $350 selling it on eBay I can get $350 selling it back at best buy.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If it's the Bionic that you ultimately want, just return the Charge and use a phone you already have until the Bionic comes out. As much as I love the Revo, you'd be better off just skipping it than trying to work the system only to have it for a month.

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hate tricksters like that. Reason why return policies are shorter and more stringent.
I sincerely hope it doesn't work out for you.
Just add a line and get the Bionic the honest way.

Reactions: isdaako

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hate tricksters like that. Reason why return policies are shorter and more stringent.
I sincerely hope it doesn't work out for you.
Just add a line and get the Bionic the honest way.

Oh please. I was thinking out loud. I'm keeping the Charge and buying the Bionic outright when it comes out.