Anyone dropping the Note 3 to go back to the S4 once 4.3 hits?

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I love my note 3 but since i can get 600 for the device right now and I couldn't sell my s4 for what I wanted, I think i'm going to go back to the S4 since my gear will work with it.

Anyone else conflicted like me?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I love my note 3 but since i can get 600 for the device right now and I couldn't sell my s4 for what I wanted, I think i'm going to go back to the S4 since my gear will work with it.

Anyone else conflicted like me?
Didn't you post another thread saying the same thing?

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No way not me. I loved my S4 but even with 4.3 the Note is just a different beast and I'm living the s pen. They weren't that far off before so 4.3 isn't gonna make the S4 any more comparable to the Note. Any of the reasons people choose the Note in the first place will still be there even after the S4 gets 4.3.

But if you wanna make some money and still have a similar Touchwiz experience that will work with the gear then by all means but you'll lose out on the bigger better screen, s pen and the beast that is the snapdragon 800. On a positive note you will get a smaller package though if the Notes big size isn't your cup of tea.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No way not me. I loved my S4 but even with 4.3 the Note is just a different beast and I'm living the s pen. They weren't that far off before so 4.3 isn't gonna make the S4 any more comparable to the Note. Any of the reasons people choose the Note in the first place will still be there even after the S4 gets 4.3.

But if you wanna make some money and still have a similar Touchwiz experience that will work with the gear then by all means but you'll lose out on the bigger better screen, s pen and the beast that is the snapdragon 800. On a positive note you will get a smaller package though if the Notes big size isn't your cup of tea.

Bigger screen, not better :p

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Very good points. I think at this point I'm gonna take the money and run. And thanks to some of u guys I was able to use the Verizon30 on this upgrade. I have a upgrade coming to me next year also. I'm sure the S5 will be off the hook!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Very good points. I think at this point I'm gonna take the money and run. And thanks to some of u guys I was able to use the Verizon30 on this upgrade. I have a upgrade coming to me next year also. I'm sure the S5 will be off the hook!
Hopefully :D
Wishlist?
16 MP camera, better low-light performance, OIS
3000 mAh Battery
5.2 in screen
Better build quality

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
yes to all! but I would definitely love a better build quality!
Don't see why they can't make something like a carbon fiber removable back and have real metal bands on the side instead of the plastic they use. I wouldn't mind a little more weight if they had this. Or at least use real leather for the back...

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't see why they can't make something like a carbon fiber removable back and have real metal bands on the side instead of the plastic they use. I wouldn't mind a little more weight if they had this. Or at least use real leather for the back...

Do you know how expensive carbon fiber is? Its also hard to mass produce, hence why only supercars use it. The have to go through a ton of human preparation and the heating process(minimum 6 hours) is not exactly energy efficient.

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you know how expensive carbon fiber is? Its also hard to mass produce, hence why only supercars use it. The have to go through a ton of human preparation and the heating process(minimum 6 hours) is not exactly energy efficient.

True, but still, an aluminium back would be an improvement. Any other cheap metals that could be used?

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
True, but still, an aluminium back would be an improvement. Any other cheap metals that could be used?

I remember my Samsung Wave(Bada software phone) used an all aluminum construction. Mother of God was it good to hold. I guess aluminum could be a plausible replacement. How would a silicone back panel feel like? It would be squishy and stuff right?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I remember my Samsung Wave(Bada software phone) used an all aluminum construction. Mother of God was it good to hold. I guess aluminum could be a plausible replacement. How would a silicone back panel feel like? It would be squishy and stuff right?

Yeah, doesn't sound like it would be nice...
Carbon fiber would be so good though :'(
Maybe rubber (or whatever the Moto X is)

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I am a happily converted GNote lover now...I love the bigger screen, the S pen, I loved my S4 but since My wife wanted one it worked out perfect, and IMO build materials are irrelevant, I mean who cares if its plastic or metal or carbon fiber...most people are going to slap a plastic case on it anyway...whether its an OtterBox, TPU, or some rhinestone crap my wife loves...but I'm already looking forward to the GS5 and GNote4 should both should be great devices...

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes I posted on the S4 and Note 3 Thread. This way I can get responses from the owners of both devices. Not everyone has both phones like myself. Is that a crime?

Nope, not a crime... just redundant :) - So the burning question was getting the GN3 about getting the Gear and or 4.3? Not the bigger screen and the S-pen? Personally, I like the bigger screen and the s-pen, but I suspect that's kind of the most popular response here on the Note side of this question.

~ScottGeek