Fed up and ordering iPhone 6+ on EDGE

JF7FSU

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
When I first got the Note 3 I was an iphone convert. I loved my big, strong Note 3 and laughed at the apple people with their small screen and closed system. So, along the way my Note got glitch, crashy, and very slow on Wi-Fi. My GPS started getting a very weak lock on runkeeper and I was tired of the printing issues. Suddenly the iSheep jump on board with the new big phone and it is suddenly "OK" to have a big phone because Apple made it.

I think I am a sheep. I don't like my Note 3 anymore. I miss the simplicity of Airplay and Airprint and cannot get wi-fi pages to load quickly anymore. Yes I tried resetting, rebooting, and restoring. I hate to say it but I called Verizon and they offered to switch me to Edge and take my Note 3 one year into my 2 year contract and send me a new iPhone 6+.

I was looking forward to getting a Note 4. I really was. Such a meager upgrade didn't seem worth it. It was a fun year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That sucks :( Well, not the upgrade opportunity but I'm sorry to hear that your device gummed up. Good luck with the new device!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry u had problems. Mine never gave me issues. Verizon is always nice to deal with. Enjoy your new phone. I am getting the note4

Posted via Android Central App

indiansfan78

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I too came from iPhone to the Note 3 and I have loved the phone itself but I too have had the constant wifi problems. My wifi constantly drops out or doesn't connect at all. I have tried all the steps you mentioned and Verizon even swapped it out for another Note 3 and still I have the wifi issues and now gps. I also noticed on both of my Note 3's that the signal is not very strong in fringe areas. I live in a fringe area and I was able to get at least 1 to 2 bars on iPhone and Motorola phones that I have had, however on my Note 3's I either have no signal and when I do it says "1x" instead of 3g. Verizon says I live in a 4g LTE area and have even swapped out my sim card multiple times but still can't get a signal. Very disappointing.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry u had problems. Mine never gave me issues. Verizon is always nice to deal with. Enjoy your new phone. I am getting the note4

Posted via Android Central App

Verizion has one of the worst customer service reps. Man they like to pick fights.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

breadmanjp

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm with the OP. Switched from iPhone 4 to Note 3. Bigger screen, S Pen, cool flip case. Thought I would love it. But then camera lag, lousy phone reception, crappy wi-fi, phone 'app' is one of the worst I've ever used, on and on. Verizon sent me another Note 3, new SIM card, new hope. Alas, same old problems. I will be switching back to Apple iPhone 6 next week. My son and daughter have them '6' and love it. Cant wait to go back and won't miss the Android experience. No hard feelings, just not my thing.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to have an N3 AND an iPhone AND a Windows phone AND a G3. I love em all. Each have strengths and weaknesses. I hate iTunes and miss widgets on iPhone. Sammy has weird wifi (mine never disconnects but sometimes is slower than 1G) and occasional bad gps. Moto only has one radio. G3 has some issue everyone complains about too I just forget what it is.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon customer service has always been top notch. Never a problem

Posted from my awesome Note3

I'm not calling you out, I have been on multiple calls with them and they get mad fast for no reason and try to make me feel dumb. They are so ignorant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa