05-29-2013 05:16 PM
330 ... 11121314
tools
    My account has 3 carrier lines, I think that's what they mean. A different line, even if it's on the same account. An this answers my question. I'm glad I went through Verizon because I transferred my upgrade to a dumb phone and then switched the S4 to my line after activation. Simplexity would have charged me that 400 for doing that. They don't get paid unless you keep everything the same for like 181 days I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    What if the phone breaks and I activate my old phone, not sure how I'd be liable for $400 in this case.
    05-24-2013 02:09 PM
    I take that to mean another "carrier line" not "another carrier" line. I'd like to see then try to hit me for $400 when I transfer the phone to another line.
    kittygetwet has already done it. Wonder if they would immediately inform us that we would be charged?
    05-24-2013 02:17 PM
    kittygetwet has already done it. Wonder if they would immediately inform us that we would be charged?
    thinking about returning it. Lots of bad stuff here.....

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...w=1920&bih=976
    05-24-2013 02:32 PM
    Both lines i am using were and will continue to be smartphones with data. Same dataplans as purchased from contract renewals. So far looks ok, but will monitor for any prolbem.
    05-24-2013 02:56 PM
    I checked my status this morning after the "6-12 hours" that I was supposed to get my shipping information after talking to customer service. It still hadn't shipped or even carrier approved. I cancelled, logged into Best Buy's website and paid $218 (with tax) and will be picking it up after work at the store. So much for pre-ordering....
    05-24-2013 02:57 PM
    I would keep a good eye out. I am returning instantly.

Patrick : Let me explain you the terms and conditions of the Instant saving discount.
    Patrick : By ordering through us, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, if you:
    Patrick : Fail to pay your balance due to your carrier each month.
    Patrick : Disconnect this line of service.
    Patrick : Transfer this equipment to another line of service.
    Patrick : Change your carrier service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate plan.
    Patrick : Deactivate the e-mail/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase.
    Patrick : Transfer/port an existing phone number from another account if this is a new line of service.
    Patrick : Replace an existing account with this account if this is a new line of service.
    Patrick : Return or exchange your phone and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage.
    Patrick : Alicia, all of the cell phones we sell are offered to customers at a heavily discounted price. Because of this discount, we only make money when customers fill the conditions of the purchase agreement (new line of service, active for at least 6 months, etc). If a customer violates those terms, then we lose money. This is why we have to charge the ISD, which was clearly communicated in the terms and conditions of the purchase agreement.
    Patrick : For more information, you can read our terms of purchase on the website.
    ME: what if my phone breaks? and I activate another phone, why would I be charged in that case?
    Patrick : Yes, that is correct.
    05-24-2013 03:10 PM

Patrick : Let me explain you the terms and conditions of the Instant saving discount.
    Patrick : By ordering through us, you agree to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, if you:
    Patrick : Change your carrier service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate plan.
    Patrick : Deactivate the e-mail/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase.
    Patrick : Transfer/port an existing phone number from another account if this is a new line of service.
    Patrick : Replace an existing account with this account if this is a new line of service.
    Patrick : Return or exchange your phone and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage.
    Patrick : Alicia, all of the cell phones we sell are offered to customers at a heavily discounted price. Because of this discount, we only make money when customers fill the conditions of the purchase agreement (new line of service, active for at least 6 months, etc). If a customer violates those terms, then we lose money. This is why we have to charge the ISD, which was clearly communicated in the terms and conditions of the purchase agreement.
    Patrick : For more information, you can read our terms of purchase on the website.
    ME: what if my phone breaks? and I activate another phone, why would I be charged in that case?
    Wow. Has anyone purchased through Simplexity before and not had a problem? Only one I am worried about is if I switch it to another line on my account.
    05-24-2013 03:14 PM
    I checked my status this morning after the "6-12 hours" that I was supposed to get my shipping information after talking to customer service. It still hadn't shipped or even carrier approved. I cancelled, logged into Best Buy's website and paid $218 (with tax) and will be picking it up after work at the store. So much for pre-ordering....
    How were you able to get your Verizon upgrade discount reinstated between the time of cancelling and ordering from Best Buy?? And how did you go about cancelling?
    05-24-2013 03:14 PM
    How were you able to get your Verizon upgrade discount reinstated between the time of cancelling and ordering from Best Buy?? And how did you go about cancelling?
    They said 72 hours after they get the phone back. A small price to pay for freedom.

edit: sorry thought you were talking to me.
    05-24-2013 03:18 PM
    Boo to Fedex leaving a note on my door that they could not deliver my phone now I have to go to the Fedex store after work and pic it up! haha
    05-24-2013 03:23 PM

In other words, we pretty much OWN you for 181 days. No thanks. Never again.
    05-24-2013 03:30 PM
    Only one I am worried about is if I switch it to another line on my account.
    The one about breaking your phone and activating an old one and being charged $400 doesn't bother/worry you? Thats the crazy one to me.
    05-24-2013 03:34 PM
    I just cancelled before mine was shipped out (very close). Now on phone with Verizon to give me my upgrade back...ugh what a hassle this company sounded like. I'd rather get it today at Best Buy then wait, and at least it won't cost much more, I can exchange phone if i need to there, won't get weird fees for stupid things, etc...

Aaaand they said it will take 24 or more hours to give me my upgrade back via a ticket they opened. Great....
    05-24-2013 03:35 PM
    well i got mine at 3. which is exactly what fedex had as estimated delivery. i knew about the fees an garbage, had to deal with issues with wifes droid 2global. alot of shipping back in forth with 2 bad phones out of the box. but this is my phone. im not changing a thing. good luck to all. sucks so many people had alot of problems
    05-24-2013 03:48 PM
    The one about breaking your phone and activating an old one and being charged $400 doesn't bother/worry you? Thats the crazy one to me.
    True. Why would they offer their own insurance if they are going to charge you $400 anyways if your phone breaks? Its hard to believe anything the reps say. I have talked to a few the past week or so and every one gave me different answers.
    05-24-2013 04:15 PM
    I took heat in a few posts because I said to read the fine print - and this is exactly why. They have you by the short hairs. At least for 181 days.
    05-24-2013 04:29 PM
    Guys, I called Verizon back after cancelling the order with Newegg. They are having trouble giving me back my upgrade because they cannot confirm that this third party order was actually cancelled.

Was anyone able to figure this out and make this work and get your upgrade back quickly? I am on hold but so far no luck with Verizon.

Newegg customer service rep who cancelled for me just said to call Verizon after and they can give the upgrade back. Also, it shows cancelled on their status site but I never got an email.

EDIT: Ok so the verizon woman was able to contact their finance dept and they could see the cancellation information and change my upgrade date back. Looks like it's good!
    ibcop likes this.
    05-24-2013 04:58 PM
    I took heat in a few posts because I said to read the fine print - and this is exactly why. They have you by the short hairs. At least for 181 days.
    Yep, it's not worth 40 bucks to me, there's a reason why it's so cheap. I've only used authorized retailers twice, one was way back in 08 and then once last year and that was only cause it was a dumb phone that I knew I absolutely wouldn't change out. Sucks that some people didn't fully understand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ibcop likes this.
    05-24-2013 06:02 PM
    I think you neer to weigh the risks. Had They delivered in time I would have kept it. Los of people have ordered from simplexity before and been fine you just need to adhere to the conditions. It's not like they aren't published

That said this is the first time I had ever not bought from a Verizon store

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 06:29 PM
    I think you neer to weigh the risks. Had They delivered in time I would have kept it. Los of people have ordered from simplexity before and been fine you just need to adhere to the conditions. It's not like they aren't published

That said this is the first time I had ever not bought from a Verizon store

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, they are published but it's obvious the t&c's aren't being read.
    05-25-2013 08:29 AM
    I was ready to talk to them and return today to be safe and this is what I got when setting up return

"Manoj P : Please do not worry about this as this is in case of deactivation of services only. "

he then proceeded to have me swap sim, wait 2 minutes, and power up the new phone and it was working on my line.

So all seems ok. Line I "switched" to, my primary has the SGS4 and still unlimited data. I moved my SGS3 to the line the upgrade was used and it's upgrade date is now two years out. Weird he gave me different information than everyone got on Friday.
    05-28-2013 07:43 AM
    I hope it works for you, I ended up sending mine back as soon as it came. I'd rather pay $40 extra now than possibly $400 in 181 days.
    05-28-2013 11:05 AM
    I hope it works for you, I ended up sending mine back as soon as it came. I'd rather pay $40 extra now than possibly $400 in 181 days.
    Ya I'm a little hesitant still. I asked well "what if?" he said that these chats are kept on file with the order so if any problems come up. That comforted me a little.
    05-28-2013 11:47 AM
    Ya I'm a little hesitant still. I asked well "what if?" he said that these chats are kept on file with the order so if any problems come up. That comforted me a little.
    Always cya with Simplicity. Always.
    05-28-2013 12:23 PM
    I spent about an hour on the phone with a supervisor and she sent me two emails in her own writing stating that the only way I will be charged that fee is if I deactivate the phone. Not sure if holds any weight but its worth a try.
    05-28-2013 04:15 PM
330 ... 11121314