Bluetooth issue

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having Bluetooth headset issues. Mine break up here and there on both sides. Headset works just fine in the note 2.

Any suggestions, phone may have to go back. :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well since no-one else is having this issue, I found the problem. Turn Wi-Fi off problem goes away. Found a older post back in 2010 that said it's a android problem.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Plantronics Legend Voyager and was having trouble with breakup. Tried to update the firmware through Plantronics but their software is totally retarded.

Now I understand - but am really disturbed. I wanted the bluetooth to use in my home/office which is covered by wifi (router and extender). Is this supposedly the case for all bluetooth headsets? Any settings one could use on the SG4 to improve things? Come to think of it, does bluetooth actually use a band, and if so, which one?

Thanks for any info you may find out.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Plantronics Legend Voyager and was having trouble with breakup. Tried to update the firmware through Plantronics but their software is totally retarded.

Now I understand - but am really disturbed. I wanted the bluetooth to use in my home/office which is covered by wifi (router and extender). Is this supposedly the case for all bluetooth headsets? Any settings one could use on the SG4 to improve things? Come to think of it, does bluetooth actually use a band, and if so, which one?

Thanks for any info you may find out.

Does yours break up when your using the headset while your connected to Wi-Fi?

Mine was breaking up when I was using the headset on 4g but the Wi-Fi was turned on. It did it every now and then, suppose when it was trying to find Wi-Fi signal. Just wondering if it didn't bother it while connected to Wi-Fi. I had more issues as driving in towns, suppose because it was seeing more Wi-Fi signals.

All I know is after I turned Wi-Fi off problem went away.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - I wouldn't say turning off wi-fi completely fixed it, but it definitely made the breakup more occasional and not audible on the other side. Enough of a difference to make it comfortable to use

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I have this issue, and its ONLY on the Verizon versions. Had the Sprint version, NO problems. (Of course, the phone was like a paperweight on Sprint, but I digress).
I have exchanged my S4 TWICE now, still bluetooth problems. Wi-Fi On, Wi-Fi off, doesn't matter. And I'm using a Galaxy Bluetooth!

This is enough of an issue for me to switch to a Lumia 928. I miss my 920 when I was on AT&T. That phone was fast fast fast & solid.

tomas78

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth issue - Jabra Legend Pro

Hi,

This comment is related to Samsung Galaxy S4 active and Jabra Legend Pro headset

You need to reset the headset and set it to search mode (hold the command button in for almost 10 sec). When in search mode the headset blinks red and blue. Then activate the Bluetooth on your Samsung and the headset should appear as an Bluetooth option.

Good luck

TMR