Phone not charging after 4.3 update. Try it!

wootang00

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
As it states.. Updated today and it won't charge unless I restart my phone.. Anyone else with this issue? I can't see the charge icon.. Please confirm. It's a huge issue if it's on on all phones.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
As it states.. Updated today and it won't charge unless I restart my phone.. Anyone else with this issue? I can't see the charge icon.. Please confirm. It's a huge issue if it's on on all phones.

Working perfectly on mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I used samsung bundle charger and had no problems with it. However when I tried to charge using different brand charger (lg) it didn't charge at first. Had to try a dozen time to charge my s4

pal1221

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same thing using a micro usb wall charger that i always used before the update. It is not the charger that came with the phone.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Samsung charger from my S3. Sometimes I see the charge icon and sometimes I don't. I unplugged and re-plugged this morning and it started to charge, not sure why this is happening. Do you think this update had something that detects Samsung OEM accessories? I wouldn't think they would have started this yet.

bobby1204

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having that problem with any charger that is not a Samsung charger. Connects fine with my Samsung charger but my car charger is a Motorola charger and won't connect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rwcollett

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I am having that problem with any charger that is not a Samsung charger. Connects fine with my Samsung charger but my car charger is a Motorola charger and won't connect.

I am using the Motorola rapid car charger (round with a blue LED), and mine is NOT charging as well. I had an issue when I first got the S4 with very slow charging in the car, it seemed to resolve on its own. Hopefully a fix will be available.

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Motorola rapid car charger (round with a blue LED), and mine is NOT charging as well. I had an issue when I first got the S4 with very slow charging in the car, it seemed to resolve on its own. Hopefully a fix will be available.

I've got the same charger, and had the problem of it not recharging after I upgraded to Android 4.3. I just rebooted the phone (not a factory reset, just a plain reboot) and now it's charging fine with the Motorola charger.

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Im using the charger from my Droid Charge and all is good. It changes pretty quick to. No issues here after the 4.3 update

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely a problem after the update. My 2 amp car charger requires several attempts before the S4 recognizes it and begins to charge. Never once did it not recognize it on the first attempt prior to the 4.3 update.

rwcollett

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same charger, and had the problem of it not recharging after I upgraded to Android 4.3. I just rebooted the phone (not a factory reset, just a plain reboot) and now it's charging fine with the Motorola charger.

I have done reboots and a factory reset with no luck. A little frustrating.

hillkay2

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me today. I restarted my phone twice without success. I finally decided to power off the phone for a while to see if that made a difference. While it was powered off, I noticed the battery charging icon was lit. I powered the phone back on, and now it seems to be working fine. Uuuugh, I hate updates!

pal1221

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This is a definite issue with 4.3. If you try the charger again later it will not work again. There is no reason we should have to reboot every time you want to charge the phone.