No usb sync in GS4

Dave Shaw1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
New to Galaxy S4, have had Motorola for the past 15 years.....few things different. Cant seam the sync via usb cable. Soon as I hook up with cable it recognize's the phone and files and I can explore the phones files. I've got the latest Samsung drivers or at least I think. Downloaded Kies latest.. I've got the phone rooted. so the usb connection worked for that. Tried Windows media to transfer files, drag and drop, tried Kies, tried moving, send to. But nothing. Tries to move files but about the first 5% of transfer it stalls out. I'm wanting to transfer some apk files into the download file in the phone, but cant do that....I've check the USB debug and have toggled it back and forth between camera and media and still nothing. Any suggestions

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Dave... happy holidays.
I like you came from a Motorola world since 1991. Looked forward to the Moto X until I heard they ditched the SD card slot.
Have a GS4 also and haven't looked back.
May I suggest ditching the USB sync and explore AirDroid on Google play. It's through a WIFI connection and is really cool. Easy, fast, and cool. Check it out! Peace

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
New to Galaxy S4, have had Motorola for the past 15 years.....few things different. Cant seam the sync via usb cable. Soon as I hook up with cable it recognize's the phone and files and I can explore the phones files. I've got the latest Samsung drivers or at least I think. Downloaded Kies latest.. I've got the phone rooted. so the usb connection worked for that. Tried Windows media to transfer files, drag and drop, tried Kies, tried moving, send to. But nothing. Tries to move files but about the first 5% of transfer it stalls out. I'm wanting to transfer some apk files into the download file in the phone, but cant do that....I've check the USB debug and have toggled it back and forth between camera and media and still nothing. Any suggestions

Dave... happy holidays.
I like you came from a Motorola world since 1991. Looked forward to the Moto X until I heard they ditched the SD card slot.
Have a GS4 also and haven't looked back.
May I suggest ditching the USB sync and explore AirDroid on Google play. It's through a WIFI connection and is really cool. Easy, fast, and cool. Check it out! Peace

That is strange...you really should just be able to plug the phone and drag-and-drop files right into either the phone storage or the SDCard...shouldn't even *need* to install any extra software.

To go along with Hghlndr's suggestion, if it's just a few files you need to transfer over, you could also try using Dropbox. I've done that plenty of time with apks I needed to install.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a Windose 7 desktop and it works OK here. Strange yours doesn't. Maybe it's the PC administration rights?

Dave Shaw1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Windose 7 desktop and it works OK here. Strange yours doesn't. Maybe it's the PC administration rights?

Thanks for all the replys. Found it was the cable. I've used several different data cables with my Droid Maxx And Droid Razr Maxx over the past couple of years and they seamed to work just fine. I Grabed the Samsung cable that came with the phone and everything is working great. Getting so it like Apple and there cables....Can't use any after market at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa