Silly Update Question?

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
So, using Verizon GS4 but still on 4.3. Phone is rooted,Titanium Backup, Greenified, Exposed framework plus a couple more root dependent apps. I'm curious about others success and or problems with KitKat updates I have managed to avoid. From what I've seen it would seem that users who do a factory reset after (and sometimes before) allowing update have less or even no issues while those who don't suffer with lots of issues. The fix for those who choose not to reset seems to be, well, to do one. Thoughts/input?
As for my curiosity, I'm considering allowing the update(s) to happen because as I allow new app updates to download they seem to act weird, forcing me to go back to previous versions that I have backed up with TB. It's like the new versions of apps are "looking" for KitKat and don't work well without it.
So I'm considering allowing the update and then doing a factory reset (and maybe before) but would like to get some feedback first. The other questions I have are 1: Am I missing anything by staying with 4.3, and 2: If and when I loose root, is there a root procedure for newest firmware?
Thanks in advance and look forward to any input I receive.
BTW, phone works pretty well as is, but mainly wondering if keeping with the times could improve performance, particularly 4G signal strength.
Thanks again

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The reset after the update allows the framework to be rebuilt. That reduces or eliminates any errors from the OS. In your case, you would have to unroot, then take the update. Depending oh what you did with Titanium, you may have to flash the Stock ROM yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87