switching to verizon, need help picking phone

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am leaving sprint after 8 years due to horrible reception problems in my area. Currently I have full bars but our phones won't text, connect to internet, or make voice calls.

I would really like to get one of the new dual core phones with verizon and don't care about 4g as we won't have it here for a while...
Droid 3 or Droid x2?
Or any other good suggestions?
I currently have an epic, which I love, but can't handle no service.
Thanks for any opinions!

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I am leaving sprint after 8 years due to horrible reception problems in my area. Currently I have full bars but our phones won't text, connect to internet, or make voice calls.

I would really like to get one of the new dual core phones with verizon and don't care about 4g as we won't have it here for a while...
Droid 3 or Droid x2?
Thanks for any opinions!
I'm in almost the exact same boat but I don't kno if I should wait for the bionic and hopefully the galaxy s 2 if that comes t verizon or the thunderbolt and I know all of you are goin 2 start a rant and all but maybe the new iphone and I say this because right now I think I need a break from android like we all know apple has good hardware whether yu agree with me or not and there os is a bit boring but its alots smoother than android stock and the phone is just all around a nice phone company but I HATE *stressing the word hate* how locked down ios is and strick they are and I'm not a android fanboy and I'm not a ios fanboy I appreciate both os's and I have experience with both so while now bu the iphone thing is mainly on the back burner but hopefully the GS2 pops up soon because I will be making my decision by the end of august.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Droid 3 or Droid x2?
Thanks for any opinions!

the droid 3 and droidx2 are the samew price with a new contract, 200 bucks

the droid 3 has dual core, 1080p video capture, physical keyboard.
the droid x2 has virtual keyboard, 720p camera.

however, if i were you i'd check out the Incredible 2 aswell.

i'm being biased because i tend to like HTC's UI, so, yeah. hence the reason i have it as a theme on my phone.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
the droid 3 and droidx2 are the samew price with a new contract, 200 bucks

the droid 3 has dual core, 1080p video capture, physical keyboard.
the droid x2 has virtual keyboard, 720p camera.

however, if i were you i'd check out the Incredible 2 aswell.

i'm being biased because i tend to like HTC's UI, so, yeah. hence the reason i have it as a theme on my phone.

d3.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the DX2 and I have been playing around with the D3 and I would say get the D3. I really like the keyboard on this phone, the camera is nice, 2.3 looks nice on this phone. There's a lot of little quirks with the DX2 that I don't like but its a good phone too. My vote is D3.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would take the D3 over the DX2, if those were my only options. Open it up to all of the "Droids" and my vote would be the Incredible 2. User interface is decades beyond MOTO in my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the opinions. I can get any phone I want from verizon, the reason I am interested in the D3 or the DX2 is because those are the only dual core phones on verizon right now, and that is what I am looking for. I think I am going to go for the D3. I only wish its screen was as great as my epic's screen , lol.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you get the D3, you won't regret it, trust me. You can go wrong with the DX2 now that it has Gingerbread available. Whatever device of the two that you get, you love it even more when it gets Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Deftone31

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Get the Incredible 2. It's Verizon's best 3G phone period. Same specs as the Thunderbolt and its half the size and weight. Also the Incredible 2 beats the iPhone in many categories, just check out YouTube. The Sense UI on the Incredible 2 just so happens to run ridiculously smooth on this phone. Data is priced at criminal rates so a 4G phone is just another way for me to go over my data limit. Lol.

.MgB.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

Droid 3 or Droid x2?
Thanks for any opinions!

I am a former employee (left in the last week) and from my year of experience... the best phones being sold at VZW right now are (in order) iPhone 4/Incredible 2 (tie), Samsung Charge, Droid X2, Droid 3. Mostly my opinion (from owning all of them) but also from seeing what phones came in with problems, which ones got returned, and so on...

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I am a former employee (left in the last week) and from my year of experience... the best phones being sold at VZW right now are (in order) iPhone 4/Incredible 2 (tie), Samsung Charge, Droid X2, Droid 3. Mostly my opinion (from owning all of them) but also from seeing what phones came in with problems, which ones got returned, and so on...

What do you say about the Thunderbolt???

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

thanks for this... I'm looking at going android after HP pulled the plug on webOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64