Buying from Best Buy Vs. Verizon Corp. store

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have always bought my phones from a VZW corp. store. Last night I was at Best Buy for something else and was checking to see if they had an Incredible set out. They didn't. Anyway, I ended up putting a $50 deposit on an Incredible. The deposit is actually in the form of a 50 gift card, so I assume I can bail on the Incredible and go to a VZW store if I wanted, and just spend the gift card on something else at BB.

The 2 big differences the sales girl told me was, they take the rebate off right in store, so no need to mail it in. And their insurance covers water damage, but not missing or stolen phones.

She said I could get my NE2 money taken off my bill.

Is this all true? How do I get my NE2 taken off my bill? Will I no longer be a regular VZW consumer? Ie. now VZW reseller consumer or something?

I seem to remember those Kiosks in malls are resellers and they usually have different plans and other differences from a corporate store.

Have been a VZW customer for 15 years, I dont want to lose standing with them by going to a reseller if thats an issue.

There have been times over the years that I have had an issue that they took care of because I have been such a long term customer.

Also if I ever have an issue can I still go to the Corp. store for help or do I now have to deal with Best Buy for everything?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can still go to corp for your device issues.
Best buy probably only offers insurance from their store and not through assurion.
I would think BB is an authorized reseller so you may have double the ETF's, etc. but that's about it.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Years ago, VZW would not repair phones in-store, if you purchased from a non-corp locations.

I believe that rule has since changed and now allows for repairs to be made in-store even if your purchased elsewhere.

Dan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Years ago, VZW would not repair phones in-store, if you purchased from a non-corp locations.

I believe that rule has since changed and now allows for repairs to be made in-store even if your purchased elsewhere.

Dan

I didn't think they repaired them anymore as they just swap them out.

I remember back in the day when they gave out loaners while your phone was being repaired.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I didn't think they repaired them anymore as they just swap them out.

I remember back in the day when they gave out loaners while your phone was being repaired.

yupp, used to get a loaner, oh those were the days.

anyways, Verizon will still utilize the warranty as though it was purchased through them with the agreement they have with Best Buy Mobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez