let me get this straight phone delayed to install bloat!

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
So if the prevalent rumors are true, the reason our SG3's are not forth coming is Verizon installing a further level of bloat on the phones, this bloat reduces their cost so they make more than the non-bloat adding carriers, all the while nixing the dropbox and probably the olympic coverage also. What a company, new plan that seems to screw 75% of current customers, new phone delayed so they can make more by adding unwanted crap. How much longer till another alternative shows up. No wonder lightsquared was blocked behind the scenes by the cell companies.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
links that are on these forums about the bloatware verizonification? The Lightsquared plan was to bring 4g service to the masses that didnt have a cell tower in their town, to make it cheaper and more available, sprint had signed on and metro pcs was considering it. the GPS interference was described as the GPS receivers being cheaply made and as such less selective in their pickup, they werent blocked but were overwhelmed with a signal close to their normal band. Their was even a work around mentioned, but who would lose by this cheaper 4g provider being brought to market.

Last edited:

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
links that are on these forums about the bloatware verizonification? The Lightsquared plan was to bring 4g service to the masses that didnt have a cell tower in their town, to make it cheaper and more available, sprint had signed on and metro pcs was considering it. the GPS interference was described as the GPS receivers being cheaply made and as such less selective in their pickup, they werent blocked but were overwhelmed with a signal close to their normal band. Their was even a work around mentioned, but who would lose by this cheaper 4g provider being brought to market.

So basically this is a rant. Figured.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
actually referencing this was the start,
Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Reese'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is ************************

Reese: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
matthew: Hello, when is the verizon samsung galaxy s3 coming out? I pre ordered at best buy already. I'm getting jealous of the other carriers who have already shipped some out!
matthew: My best buy reciept says 6/28 but verizon says BY 7/11. i dont know what to believe so I hope you have an answer!
Reese: I understand you would like to know about galaxy SIII with the verizon. Am I correct?
matthew: yes please!
Reese: Thank you for confirming.
matthew: welcome!
Reese: It will be released with in a week but there is no official announcement.
Reese: Yes, software update is going on from Verizon.
Reese: Please contact Verizon for the exact information.
matthew: so they are updating the software?
matthew: do you mean something like putting the carrier branding and apps on it?
Reese: I would like to inform that, as we at the tech Support. we don't have exact information regarding it.
matthew: alright well thanks!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
actually referencing this was the start,
Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Reese'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is ************************

Reese: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
matthew: Hello, when is the verizon samsung galaxy s3 coming out? I pre ordered at best buy already. I'm getting jealous of the other carriers who have already shipped some out!
matthew: My best buy reciept says 6/28 but verizon says BY 7/11. i dont know what to believe so I hope you have an answer!
Reese: I understand you would like to know about galaxy SIII with the verizon. Am I correct?
matthew: yes please!
Reese: Thank you for confirming.
matthew: welcome!
Reese: It will be released with in a week but there is no official announcement.
Reese: Yes, software update is going on from Verizon.
Reese: Please contact Verizon for the exact information.
matthew: so they are updating the software?
matthew: do you mean something like putting the carrier branding and apps on it?
Reese: I would like to inform that, as we at the tech Support. we don't have exact information regarding it.
matthew: alright well thanks!

Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
no large stretch of imagination to see they are adding other money makers for themselves as usual, just sucks it will delay our phones arrival.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
no large stretch of imagination to see they are adding other money makers for themselves as usual, just sucks it will delay our phones arrival.

Believe what you want.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but I think it takes a lot more phones to stock Verizon's system for a release than anyone else. With the surplus of G III's that shouldn't be the problem. I also think they can bloat phones by the truck load in a nanosecond. Just saying

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
good point about sheer volume of Verizon phones, the bloatware not so fast, unless its done by samsung every one would have to be opened up and powered on or at least connected and flashed would it not. Seems to be a very time consuming endeavor. there is no method of ota that I know of if the battery is not in the phone and its powered on.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Uhh. Wouldn't the "bloat" just be part if the ROM, which would be flashed on the phone before the phone is boxed up?

Reactions: AZSALUKI

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Uhh. Wouldn't the "bloat" just be part if the ROM, which would be flashed on the phone before the phone is boxed up?

Right. And as bad as Verizon is with bloat, don't the other carriers have some of their own? I've got to think devices go strait from the manufacturer to the carriers wharehouse.....and then shipped to stores and customers. They are getting a couple million of these and then tweaking them. If they really needed to add more, couldn't they just immediately push an update?

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The software, including carrier added apps, are installed during manufacturing, they don't open the boxes then add it. The delay may be to demand, in my opinion. But I'm hoping we get them sooner. Every time Verizon has had a preorder release and a "ship by" date, they have always been released earlier.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Right. And as bad as Verizon is with bloat, don't the other carriers have some of their own? I've got to think devices go strait from the manufacturer to the carriers wharehouse.....and then shipped to stores and customers. They are getting a couple million of these and then tweaking them. If they really needed to add more, couldn't they just immediately push an update?

Ding. Ding. Ding. :)

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
din din ding dong, anothe rurmor has Verizon putting their nifty swoosh on the front of the phone, maybe that could be an ota update also.

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
din din ding dong, anothe rurmor has Verizon putting their nifty swoosh on the front of the phone, maybe that could be an ota update also.

Because someone saw it in an ad? They put their logo all over everything in the models used for ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa