Verizon MMS to AT&T not working

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been helping my buddy set up his AT&T Nexus One when we ran into a problem today. I tried sending him some pics via MMS and he wasn't receiving them. After some basic troubleshooting stuff, it looks as if he's not receiving any MMS from Verizon phones. He's able to send me MMS and receive from T-Mobile and other AT&T phones, but can't receive from Verizon phones. I checked with my other friends on other networks and came across the same problem. I can send pictures to Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint, but it's not working to any of my AT&T friends.

Is this happening with any other Verizon users?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I do occasionally have messaging issues with AT&T. I get repeated messages sent to me from them when they only send it once. Hiccups between the two I guess.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
While it could be something else (an issue with his connection to the network for one) The more likely response is that the MMS messages you are sending him are too large.

ATT has an INSANELY small limit to the size an MMS message can be, so if you snap a picture with anything above a 2mp camera, it most likely won't make it through unless you parse it down quite a bit before you send it out.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The thing about that which doesn't make sense is that I've never had problems sending him pics prior to him getting a Nexus. When he was on his iPhone, he got all the pics I sent. The same with another friend on AT&T who has an iPhone. She gets pics just fine. Would it be something with the settings that are set up for an iPhone and not fixed with just a swap of a SIM card?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The thing about that which doesn't make sense is that I've never had problems sending him pics prior to him getting a Nexus. When he was on his iPhone, he got all the pics I sent. The same with another friend on AT&T who has an iPhone. She gets pics just fine. Would it be something with the settings that are set up for an iPhone and not fixed with just a swap of a SIM card?

There might be special rules with iphones. remember, att basically has to bend over backwards to keep apple happy. That might be why it works for them.

But yes, there is a limit for other att devices of 100kb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo