Looking for advice on service in Canada

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be working in Canada and need some advice. I have unlimited and do not want to lose it and was wondering if anyone has ran into this before.

I went by VZW and the rep was clueless. I was going to activate a new line on a new sim but they can't do it with my wife's discount from what a CSR said on the phone with him.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by a moderator:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Canada

It's tough since they discontinued the Nationwide Canada plans for those that didn't already have them. If you moved to the current Share Everything Canada/Mexico option, you lose unlimited data. If you keep your existing plan and use it in Canada, you'll pay $0.89 per minute and be limited to $25/100 MB of data if you add their Global Data plan,

How long will you be in Canada? If it is 6 months or less, you can suspend your line/service without billing and keep your unlimited data.
Then, assuming you have a Global Capable 4G phone, you can call Verizon and have them unlock it if it isn't already unlocked. Then, you can just put a local Canadian sim in and use that plan. Of course, it'll suck that you'll have a different phone number, but that's what I would do to hang on to my unlimited data for when I return to the US. Of course, if you will be working in Canada longer than 6 months in a year, you'll eventually have to start paying for your Verizon line again.