Droid X Delayed Shipment and impact on billing

zak123321

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to find an answer to this question, and I will try to contact Verizon during business hours tomorrow if no one here knows the answer.

I am currently using a phone that does not have an internet plan on my personal Verizon account, as I have always relied on my work BlackBerry. I have decided to buy the Droid X but I know it is on backorder right now and won't ship until roughly the end of the month.

My question lies here:

When I went to place the order, it forced me to select the standard $29.99 Email/Web data plan that Verizon mandates.

However, since the phone won't be shipped to me until the end of the month, I just want to make sure that I won't begin paying for internet service right now, as my current phone will not be able to use it.

It stands to reason that the internet plan won't become active and billed until I activate the Droid X, but I want to make sure before I fork over an extra couple weeks worth of internet access payment for no reason.

Thank you!

xxxxxxxxxx

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I also ordered the X yesterday morning. I was forced to select a new plan and it was actually cheaper than my current plan. I checked online and it still says that i'm still on my old plan. Im guessing that the new plan won't take effect until the new phone is activated...

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
FWIW, even if VZW wasn't proactive, I'm sure a call to their billing department would prompt them to prorate your first month's charge. In my experience, Verizon is very good like that.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been with each of the major phone providers. For me, Verizon has been the easiest to work with on pretty much everything. Also having their customer service in the US is a big plus for me.

I have a fond hatred for any company that tells me how much they appreciate my business and thank me for it, then show that thanks by routing my call to a foreign country.