Jellybean 4.3 update?

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything from Verizon about when the 4.3 update will be arriving to the GN2? I tried chatting with two vzw Rep's. One claimed that the GN2 was not made anymore so it would not get any support. The other one had never heard of it. I think there might have been a little bit of a language barrier though.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything from Verizon about when the 4.3 update will be arriving to the GN2? I tried chatting with two vzw Rep's. One claimed that the GN2 was not made anymore so it would not get any support. The other one had never heard of it. I think there might have been a little bit of a language barrier though.

I thought I was on to something searching on Gotta Be Mobile, but it turned out to be someone who kinda knows about cellphones. The article author said that the galaxy nexus device was a "non-Nexus", and not clear when Samsung or Verizon would release it.

Android 4.3 Update Breakdown: Galaxy S3, HTC One & More

I laughed at the 'non-Nexus' part.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't expect it soon, but I expect that the note 2 would get 4.3 at some point. Promises of release dates mean nothing, they are sometimes pushed past the promised date by 6 months or more.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't expect it soon, but I expect that the note 2 would get 4.3 at some point. Promises of release dates mean nothing, they are sometimes pushed past the promised date by 6 months or more.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Yeah I know been Verizon since they've been around. It drives you crazy when they tease you with talk of an update. Then say nothing more for months. And when you try to ask them about it they act like they have no idea what your talking about. Or you get the "Thanks for the request but we have no news yet, but check back later." Insert request for you to buy something from them.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Verizon reps are not so smart sometimes. I had called them to have my mothers number restricted so no one could see it when she made a call. The first rep told me to just put *64 before the number and after arguing for ten minutes about it I just hung up and called again. The second rep after speaking to her for 5 secs (yes 5) told me that she would be happy to do that for me. SO some are knowing but most do not. I guess its whoever you get a hold of really.