Verizon had 40% jump in q3 13 net income

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is reporting a 40 percent jump in third-quarter net income after adding more than 1 million new wireless devices to its network.

The country's largest cellphone carrier earned $2.23 billion, or 78 cents per share, up from $1.59 billion, or 56 cents per share, in the same quarter of 2012. Excluding one-time items, the company posted an adjusted profit of 77 cents per share for the recent quarter.

Revenue rose 4 percent to $30.28 billion from $29.01 billion.

The results Thursday beat Wall Street predictions. Analysts polled by FactSet expected a profit of 74 cents per share on $30.15 billion in revenue.

The company added 1.1 million net retail wireless connections during the quarter.

Shares of Verizon Communications Inc. are up 3 percent to $48.80 in premarket trading.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=20595559&ref=http://news.yahoo.com/

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's third quarter results are out, and it's not suffering any malaise after its break-up with Vodafone, having landed 1.1 million new mobile customers and over 300,000 new subscribers to its FiOS internet and video services during the three-month period. More than 67% of people on the carrier's books are now rocking smartphones, some of which will be handsets that joined the LTE line-up this quarter, including the HTC One, Motorola's new Droids, the iPhone 5s and 5c, and most recently, the Galaxy Note 3. In total, Verizon took $7.1 billion in profit (a whopping 30 percent more than in Q3 2012) from $30.3 billion in revenue. It's not a huge increase over last quarter's success, but we doubt the head honchos care too much about growth when looking at that many zeros.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/17/verizon-third-quarter-2013-results/

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's third quarter results are out, and it's not suffering any malaise after its break-up with Vodafone, having landed 1.1 million new mobile customers and over 300,000 new subscribers to its FiOS internet and video services during the three-month period. More than 67% of people on the carrier's books are now rocking smartphones, some of which will be handsets that joined the LTE line-up this quarter, including the HTC One, Motorola's new Droids, the iPhone 5s and 5c, and most recently, the Galaxy Note 3. In total, Verizon took $7.1 billion in profit (a whopping 30 percent more than in Q3 2012) from $30.3 billion in revenue. It's not a huge increase over last quarter's success, but we doubt the head honchos care too much about growth when looking at that many zeros.

Verizon celebrates Vodafone split with a million new subscribers

This is why I laugh when people bash Verizon. They are doing something right quite obviously. Also, I never expected any negative effect from the Vodaphone breakup, beacuse Vodaphone has been looking to sell their share for a while, and Verizon has been wanting to buy it.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to know how much of those sales were from the glitch weekend? That was a brilliant move and one that won't happen for quite some time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to know how much of those sales were from the glitch weekend? That was a brilliant move and one that won't happen for quite some time.

Not until they are short near the end of the quarter...

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Not until they are short near the end of the quarter...

Right...but even in that case, they're not going to give unlimited data away...not without playing throttling games. They will pull some other maneuver.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo