Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The link in the first post was clearly from Comcast, and said that you can order online or over the phone. I would think that they would have to honor online orders so long as you used the Comcast link.
I just pulled the trigger and documented each step with a print screen. I transferred my upgrade from my unlimited line to my dummy line and each step of the way it showed me that it was my dummy line being upgraded.

After I hit submit order, I was presented with a Verizon screen with my order number and a finish button on it. When I hit the finish button, a comcast screen popped up thanking me for my purchase and letting me know that I should receive my $200 VISA prepaid card within 30 days.

Yipee!!!!

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I used my $20 data plan line to upgrade. Best Buy didn't let me keep the plan when I upgraded last time, so glad that I could use the upgrade here

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

BTW, what is this $20 data plan? That's what I thought, too, but today I double-checked my bill, and it said $29.99 for "Email and Web unlimited." And when I upgraded my dumb line later today, it said $29.99 for 2GB.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
BTW, what is this $20 data plan? That's what I thought, too, but today I double-checked my bill, and it said $29.99 for "Email and Web unlimited." And when I upgraded my dumb line later today, it said $29.99 for 2GB.

It was the legacy $20/300mb plan, which was offered for a short time. You can't get it now if you don't already have it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
online it let me do the upgrade transfer. The site I logged into is verizon, but it looks very different from my usual verizon site. And I could tell from the URL that it was logged as me having clicked thru from comcast.

Glad it worked for you. I didn't see the button to transfer but honestly I wasn't really looking as my unlimited line is still on contract

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got my email confirmation from Verizon showing the line that was upgraded is my dummy line!!!!

Thanks for the update. Great news for those looking to transfer the upgrade!

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update. Great news for those looking to transfer the upgrade!
You're welcome. I logged into my verizon account and it says my unlimited data line is the one waiting on an upgrade device to be activated. But the order confirmation email says it is my dummy line that the upgrade is for. Will keep you posted.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. I logged into my verizon account and it says my unlimited data line is the one waiting on an upgrade device to be activated. But the order confirmation email says it is my dummy line that the upgrade is for. Will keep you posted.

I think that this works because this is essentially ordered and fulfilled by Verizon. Comcast is the referring party.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded a week ago... Got a $100 GC for my upgrade, but of course $200 would be better. I still have upgrades available, but I don't know, at this point, if I want to use one up to re-sell the device, or just wait until next year for the new stuff. Hm.

But a plus for not going with Comcast is that the system glitched up and has no record of me upgrading a device, so I was able to get the phone without wasting one. At least, until they catch it and "fix" it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded a week ago... Got a $100 GC for my upgrade, but of course $200 would be better. I still have upgrades available, but I don't know, at this point, if I want to use one up to re-sell the device, or just wait until next year for the new stuff. Hm.

But a plus for not going with Comcast is that the system glitched up and has no record of me upgrading a device, so I was able to get the phone without wasting one. At least, until they catch it and "fix" it.

If I were you, I would use the upgrade soon. If they fix it then you lose the upgrade.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I would use the upgrade soon. If they fix it then you lose the upgrade.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I think the only phone right now with the biggest return is still the 5S =\

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I took a perverse pleasure in calling another super-friendly Comcast rep and badmouthing Best Buy. :D She said they had no issues with Verizon during their sale, getting every order complete within an hour.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I took a perverse pleasure in calling another super-friendly Comcast rep and badmouthing Best Buy. :D She said they had no issues with Verizon during their sale, getting every order complete within an hour.

Fyi, the reps are Verizon reps. Everything goes through Verizon systems. Think of going through Comcast as going through a referral link

In contrast, when buying from best buy, you are dealing with a third party retailer.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I got my GNote 3 and activated it on my dumbphone line. My unlimited data line still has unlimited data and my contract on my unlimited data line has been extended 2 years!

mjcotter

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Can I add a brand new 3rd line to the family share plan and get a Moto X, transfer the Moto X from the brand new line to the unlimited line, then downgrade the brand new line to a $9.99 dumb phone rate? Will this work? Or, does this have to happen with a line already on the account?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can I add a brand new 3rd line to the family share plan and get a Moto X, transfer the Moto X from the brand new line to the unlimited line, then downgrade the brand new line to a $9.99 dumb phone rate? Will this work? Or, does this have to happen with a line already on the account?

Yes, you can do that

mjcotter

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
That brand new line that I open just to get the Moto X can be downgraded to a $9.99 dumb phone plan and the $30 data plan removed? I'm not committed to the $30 data plan for 2 years, am I? If not, seems like a good deal for a Moto X @ $9.99/month * 24 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty