Can someone help me?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I am considering going to the Big Red and am concerned about the EVDO network in my area. According to the map I have a solid Digital connection with in a fifty mile radius. what do they consider digital?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You may want to look at the data connection area. Looking at the coverage map, change it to "broadband and vcast" and refresh the map to see if you have 3G EVDO coverage (at least according to the map). You're looking for blue in that map.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I am considering going to the Big Red and am concerned about the EVDO network in my area. According to the map I have a solid Digital connection with in a fifty mile radius. what do they consider digital?

What's your zip code?

It'll help determine if your in a VZW (and not roaming without EVDO) coverage area. Some people that live there may post about how good or bad the EVDO coverage is in the area.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ignore the maps :)
They show my area as full coverage, yet I have to drive at least 20 miles to get a shoddy signal. Verizon even tells you if you try to order a phone in my zip code that they do not offer service, yet the map shows solid coverage for hundreds of miles in any direction.

Visit your closest store and ask a live human being, or a neighbor.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
it is 55398

According to the FCC Verizon has a cell site at 12420 249th Ave Nw, Zimmerman, MN and from what I can tell it looks like you should have decent 3G coverage. I wouldn't say you'll have "solid" coverage within 50 miles but I think it'll more then adequate.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I would say try to ask some people in your area what the reception is like. I am in the military stationed in Kentucky, and according to Verizon, they cannot sell in my area and have no service in my area. I had to go to Louisville to get anything from them, but they have great 3G service in my area. Something about the state or some other companies will not let them put towers past a certain point. Pretty silly, but you might get better service and reception than you expect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress