What promo should I be on the lookout for?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon changing their $300 trade in promo to require full DPP or forfeiting the $300 worth of credits, I'm looking to see what other offers typically pop up from places like Best Buy.

I've always bought from a corporate store, but I'm done dealing with payments and looking to possibly buy the V20 more or less outright. I'm not planning to leave Big Red, but I guess they don't trust me with this promo change. On a related note, I seem to remember from long ago if I bought from third party sellers like BB or even their "premium" retailers, I couldn't use a corporate store if there were any problems. Is that true?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Best buy has deals now and then.i would expect something on black Friday

Returns must be done through the place of purchase, but Verizon can handle warranty issues

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I will be watching for promos on the smaller Pixel.

It will be interesting to watch how Verizon markets and prices the Droid phones and the Pixel.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon changing their $300 trade in promo to require full DPP or forfeiting the $300 worth of credits, I'm looking to see what other offers typically pop up from places like Best Buy.

I've always bought from a corporate store, but I'm done dealing with payments and looking to possibly buy the V20 more or less outright. I'm not planning to leave Big Red, but I guess they don't trust me with this promo change. On a related note, I seem to remember from long ago if I bought from third party sellers like BB or even their "premium" retailers, I couldn't use a corporate store if there were any problems. Is that true?
When was this changed? I just traded in two phones and I'm supposed to be getting the lump sum.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When was this changed? I just traded in two phones and I'm supposed to be getting the lump sum.
Within the past couple weeks. I just took another look at the claim offer and either it's changed again or I misread it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...//www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/&token=_4vN3dbZ

It now says DPP or upgrade or upgrade required, but it does mention the line itself gets the credits over 24 mo as long as it's active. So I guess I could pay it off and still get the credits.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Within the past couple weeks. I just took another look at the claim offer and either it's changed again or I misread it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...//www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/&token=WYyAuEEJ

It now says DPP or upgrade or upgrade required, but it does mention the line itself gets the credits over 24 mo as long as it's active. So I guess I could pay it off and still get the credits.
Ah ok. When I traded mine in 2 weeks ago it said the credit would be in 1 to 2 billing cycles so it must have been a different offer. The way it was worded was like it would be a full credit. Guess I'll see.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Ah ok. When I traded mine in 2 weeks ago it said the credit would be in 1 to 2 billing cycles so it must have been a different offer. The way it was worded was like it would be a full credit. Guess I'll see.

When I purchased my Droid Turbo 2 last December I was able to take advantage of a special discount and only needed to stay on Post Paid for a couple of months at which point I paid off the phone and went back to Prepaid. The terms of the discount at time of purchase said I had to stay on Post Paid for the length of the contract but the in person sales person said that wasn't the case. And the sales person was correct. So, I would ask the sales person in the store because in actuality it may be different.

I'm not currently in the market for a phone...