With Verizon changing their $300 trade in promo to require full DPP or forfeiting the $300 worth of credits, I'm looking to see what other offers typically pop up from places like Best Buy.

I've always bought from a corporate store, but I'm done dealing with payments and looking to possibly buy the V20 more or less outright. I'm not planning to leave Big Red, but I guess they don't trust me with this promo change. On a related note, I seem to remember from long ago if I bought from third party sellers like BB or even their "premium" retailers, I couldn't use a corporate store if there were any problems. Is that true?
    10-07-2016 02:26 PM
    Best buy has deals now and then.i would expect something on black Friday

Returns must be done through the place of purchase, but Verizon can handle warranty issues
    10-08-2016 12:16 AM
    I will be watching for promos on the smaller Pixel.

It will be interesting to watch how Verizon markets and prices the Droid phones and the Pixel.
    10-10-2016 12:33 PM
    With Verizon changing their $300 trade in promo to require full DPP or forfeiting the $300 worth of credits, I'm looking to see what other offers typically pop up from places like Best Buy.

I've always bought from a corporate store, but I'm done dealing with payments and looking to possibly buy the V20 more or less outright. I'm not planning to leave Big Red, but I guess they don't trust me with this promo change. On a related note, I seem to remember from long ago if I bought from third party sellers like BB or even their "premium" retailers, I couldn't use a corporate store if there were any problems. Is that true?
    When was this changed? I just traded in two phones and I'm supposed to be getting the lump sum.
    10-16-2016 10:13 PM
    When was this changed? I just traded in two phones and I'm supposed to be getting the lump sum.
    Within the past couple weeks. I just took another look at the claim offer and either it's changed again or I misread it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=fMDoUrcm

It now says DPP or upgrade or upgrade required, but it does mention the line itself gets the credits over 24 mo as long as it's active. So I guess I could pay it off and still get the credits.
    10-16-2016 10:50 PM
    Within the past couple weeks. I just took another look at the claim offer and either it's changed again or I misread it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=4y5jMhH0

It now says DPP or upgrade or upgrade required, but it does mention the line itself gets the credits over 24 mo as long as it's active. So I guess I could pay it off and still get the credits.
    Ah ok. When I traded mine in 2 weeks ago it said the credit would be in 1 to 2 billing cycles so it must have been a different offer. The way it was worded was like it would be a full credit. Guess I'll see.
    10-17-2016 12:34 AM
    Ah ok. When I traded mine in 2 weeks ago it said the credit would be in 1 to 2 billing cycles so it must have been a different offer. The way it was worded was like it would be a full credit. Guess I'll see.
    When I purchased my Droid Turbo 2 last December I was able to take advantage of a special discount and only needed to stay on Post Paid for a couple of months at which point I paid off the phone and went back to Prepaid. The terms of the discount at time of purchase said I had to stay on Post Paid for the length of the contract but the in person sales person said that wasn't the case. And the sales person was correct. So, I would ask the sales person in the store because in actuality it may be different.

I'm not currently in the market for a phone...
    10-17-2016 08:54 AM
    I believe beginning of this month
    10-17-2016 05:51 PM
    I believe beginning of this month
    Makes sense. I sent mine in at the very end of September.
    10-17-2016 05:57 PM