Unlocked phone on Verizon - features?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about buying a Samsung S20 or the Galaxy Z flip (unlocked) from either Samsung direct or Best Buy. Both are supported by Verizon even though they are not selling the Galaxy Z Flip at Verizon at the present time.

My question is this. Will I have use of all of the features of either phone on Verizon or will some features not work? Specifically will
WiFi calling work? I also like the idea of not having all that bloatware that comes with a phone purchased from Verizon.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I usually prefer using Verizon specific phones, but I'm now on my first unlocked phone. I'm using a Razer Phone 2, so your experience may differ. I haven't had any connection issues and have VoLTE/HD calling. Here's what I'm not able to get:

No video calling.
No Wi-Fi calling.
The My Verizon app "remember me" and biometrics registration don't work and must manually sign in every time.
The Verizon Call Filter app is no longer compatible (though I just noticed this and may look into it more later to see if I can get it back).

*EDIT* The call filter app itself was no longer compatible, but I could enable it via the Verizon Wireless website through device management. It looks to simply block high risk calls only from the network side, with no controls on my phone.

Last edited: