Whos planning on getting this?

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
FIRST THREAD! :p
But anyway, Anyone out there planning on buying this phone? I think I'll hold off on this and wait for the OB, but who knows... I loveeeee hardware keyboards!

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i want to, but it looks like the wildfire and the optimus slider are here to replace the OV and the intercept, and everyone knows what a piece of crap the intercept is. if the past can tell anything about the future, the slider will be a piece of crap too but since it is being made by LG there is still some hope.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
i want to, but it looks like the wildfire and the optimus slider are here to replace the OV and the intercept, and everyone knows what a piece of crap the intercept is. if the past can tell anything about the future, the slider will be a piece of crap too but since it is being made by LG there is still some hope.

What more can the htc do the ov cant?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
What more can the htc do the ov cant?

nothing as far as i can tell. the slider is the second generation of the OV, so it seems that virgin wants to retire the OV and intercept in favor of the wildfire and slider. i think that the wildfire is coming to virgin so it wont be carrying too many phones made by the same company. with licensing fees/royalties it might cost virgin too much to have 2 smartphones available from LG.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
nothing as far as i can tell. the slider is the second generation of the OV, so it seems that virgin wants to retire the OV and intercept in favor of the wildfire and slider. i think that the wildfire is coming to virgin so it wont be carrying too many phones made by the same company. with licensing fees/royalties it might cost virgin too much to have 2 smartphones available from LG.

Yeah. I think ill stick with my ov and might get my wife the slider, and it seems to have a upgraded proccesor as well. She likes the physical keyboards better and the intercept just sux imho.

Btw sorry for foggin the thread up op. Im sure somebody is excited for the htc release.

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering getting this phone, but still waiting, like you, Irate Iguana, for the Optimus Black to come to VM, before I make a decision. A hardware keyboard is certainly appealing, and the OV seems to be very well liked by its users so a second generation OV with a keyboard, should be quite a hit, too.

Off topic - Does anyone else besides me find it a bit odd that the OB/Marquee seems to have generated so little interest from the Sprint users here on Android Central? I know Sprint subscribers have better phone choices in general than those of us on VM do, but still, the OB looks pretty decent, and I would have thought there would have been at least a few threads about the Marquee by now, or some sort of feedback from Sprint folks in the Optimus Black forum... :shrug:

Holly

mr.faceman23

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the Optimus Slider around the 25th or something that should be enough time to see what people say about it hands on...(shame though i miss my optimus v so bad....i havent been on much because it went swimming last month.....why make swimming trunks with pockets anyway dang phone killers) hopefully it be on or exceed Optimus V's performance level and will be able to run Harmonia on it that would be a dream come true:D

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
so is this really going to be available on the 17th? i'm planning on getting it for my wife because she has the Intercept, which is the worst piece of **** i've every seen.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
so is this really going to be available on the 17th? i'm planning on getting it for my wife because she has the Intercept, which is the worst piece of **** i've every seen.

Ditto to that. The intercept is honestly garbage, it is soooo slow, I took it back and exchanged it for the OV months ago and couldn't believe the huge difference. I can't find any news about the slider anywhere on virgin mobiles website. How did this phone surface?

Sent from my Optimus V running IHO Android 2.3.7

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one for my wife, hope this phone gets as much dev as the OV

yeah, it's really good out of the box. all my wife really wanted was a phone that doesn't lag like the Intercept and she's in love with the phone. i probably won't root it just because she doesn't use a lot of apps.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Its screen resolution is lower than the V. I think my wife would love it but I am happy with my V. I wonder how the benchmarks compare. Native Gingerbread vs I.H.O CM7.1 Gingerbread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty