Waiting for replacement...?

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Now is the time for you to call and get a supervisor. This is ridiculous man. I would either demand a different model device as a replacement or just threaten to leave VM - and actually do it if they don't take better care of you. Just because they are a value brand service doesn't mean they can screw their customers.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Now is the time for you to call and get a supervisor. This is ridiculous man. I would either demand a different model device as a replacement or just threaten to leave VM - and actually do it if they don't take better care of you. Just because they are a value brand service doesn't mean they can screw their customers.

This.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes. And my warranty runs out this month, or early April .... This is BS

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I don't like what I'm reading, is VM really this inconsiderate of their customers? Call them again, just be way assertive when you speak with them. You definitely deserve a better phone for your patience, maybe the HTC One V? :eek:

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes,this is typical of their customer service from VM. I left them two years ago and the best decission I ever made regarding my mobile phone service. I was with them six long years they gave me the run around one two many times.

From my EVO4G

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just had to replace my V due to a defective USB port. It only took one thirty minute phone call and two days later I had my replacement phone delivered via UPS. Of course after that, it took a few hours to root, install MiRaGe, my UOT theme, and reinstall all backed up apps. I did however get lucky, they sent a refurbished older model with the original novatek screen, and I can overclock up to 806 stable. My first one could only make it to 729.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had a replacement sent out due to a constant rebooting issue - tried HR - tried stock rom - nothing helped.

my "new" replacement phone arrived yesterday and it will not activate on the network - something wrong with the serial number - the best they could do for me was put me on a call list with a 2-3 day wait - I told them this was BS - they used some fancy words to basically say "deal with it" - so we will see how this works out. I must say right now I am a little annoyed - and I have not waited nearly as long as you have.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Curious Noob as people have said call them back and be very persistent. Use things like how you will post things to facebook and twitter and other social media outlets. If you have to get passionate and raise your voice do it but be considerate and apologize for doing so IF they end up getting you a phone sent out right away otherwise keep the pressure on them.

I had a problem with straight talk and it took me demanding to talk to supervisor after supervisor to get it solved. But when I started talking about posting on facebook and twitter it was almost instant 180 and they were willing to help.

Reactions: CuriousNoob

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just had to replace my V due to a defective USB port. It only took one thirty minute phone call and two days later I had my replacement phone delivered via UPS. Of course after that, it took a few hours to root, install MiRaGe, my UOT theme, and reinstall all backed up apps. I did however get lucky, they sent a refurbished older model with the original novatek screen, and I can overclock up to 806 stable. My first one could only make it to 729.
I hope my replacement is as good as this one. I can overclock all the way to 864 without a twitch :D

I had a replacement sent out due to a constant rebooting issue - tried HR - tried stock rom - nothing helped.

my "new" replacement phone arrived yesterday and it will not activate on the network - something wrong with the serial number - the best they could do for me was put me on a call list with a 2-3 day wait - I told them this was BS - they used some fancy words to basically say "deal with it" - so we will see how this works out. I must say right now I am a little annoyed - and I have not waited nearly as long as you have.

Curious Noob as people have said call them back and be very persistent. Use things like how you will post things to facebook and twitter and other social media outlets. If you have to get passionate and raise your voice do it but be considerate and apologize for doing so IF they end up getting you a phone sent out right away otherwise keep the pressure on them.

I had a problem with straight talk and it took me demanding to talk to supervisor after supervisor to get it solved. But when I started talking about posting on facebook and twitter it was almost instant 180 and they were willing to help.
Yeah. I really really REALLY appreciate your help on this. I got the email today saying the phone was shipped out. :p

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope my replacement is as good as this one. I can overclock all the way to 864 without a twitch :D

Yeah. I really really REALLY appreciate your help on this. I got the email today saying the phone was shipped out. :p

Awesome! Hopefully they don't screw it up this time. I'm glad to see another person hasn't given up on the OV :)

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my warranty phone today.. err I mean empty box :confused: .30 min on phone and 4 reps they finally said shipping dept messed up and they would send a ticket over to see why. I should get a call in 24 to 72 hours. Lets see how this adventuure goes.