HTC One V

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Replacing batteries on "sealed" phones and gadgets has always been easy in my experience. Usually all thats needed is a guitar pick and a tiny phillips screwdriver. Plus, having your battery not fly out when you drop the phone is nice.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Replacing batteries on "sealed" phones and gadgets has always been easy in my experience. Usually all thats needed is a guitar pick and a tiny phillips screwdriver. Plus, having your battery not fly out when you drop the phone is nice.

the reason this would be a pain for developers is because lets say they are in a bootloop or their phone is frozen or stuck in recovery etc... they would have trouble pulling the battery to get the phone going again.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I saw a thread about the HTC One X, and people there said that phone had no removable battery, or micro sd(removable).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Google the HTC One V, follow the link to the HTC website, and it will tell you it supports up to a 32 gig microsd card. If you can't trust the manufacturer, who can you trust? The only thing I've heard concerning the battery is the statement on an independent review about unibody construction. If that's the case, then I don't see the battery as being removable.

pinocytosis

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
the battery is non-removeable. Most sites say that it has a microsd card slot. however, from the videos i've seen, i have no idea where they are hiding it. lol

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
the battery is non-removeable. Most sites say that it has a microsd card slot. however, from the videos i've seen, i have no idea where they are hiding it. lol

Higher end phones nowadays have the micro sd slot underneath the battery. So that you don't get errors when unmounting unsafely. Lol

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You're close. I found this pic on a review. Looks like it is behind a removable back panel on the top of the phone. If you look closely, you can see the headphone jack. Yes, my Google-Fu is very strong.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No, it looks like the other one is for a Sim card which we won't use. Here's the link.

recombu.com/news/htc-one-v-hands-on-pictures_M17114-1.html

Reactions: Jk16w

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What all phones need (well, phones with no removable battery at least) is a button to simulate a battery pull. Right under that removable cover in the picture a few posts back would be a perfect spot. Just a little button that would pull the contacts away from the battery would be perfect. Then everybody would be happy. Manufacturers could have their unibody case and devs could have their "battery pulls". Why no one has done that yet escapes me. I wonder how hard it would be to make a mod like that.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You're close. I found this pic on a review. Looks like it is behind a removable back panel on the top of the phone. If you look closely, you can see the headphone jack. Yes, my Google-Fu is very strong.

Ohh. So its just like the Thunderbolt :p.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So there's two slots? and what website review did you get that from?

Theres a sim card on that one because its not the One V. Derp, it was a example photo.

No, it looks like the other one is for a Sim card which we won't use. Here's the link.

recombu.com/news/htc-one-v-hands-on-pictures_M17114-1.html

Ya I just noticed the SIM ha, but why would this have a SIM slot? I thought VM was a CDMA carrier

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
What all phones need (well, phones with no removable battery at least) is a button to simulate a battery pull. Right under that removable cover in the picture a few posts back would be a perfect spot. Just a little button that would pull the contacts away from the battery would be perfect. Then everybody would be happy. Manufacturers could have their unibody case and devs could have their "battery pulls". Why no one has done that yet escapes me. I wonder how hard it would be to make a mod like that.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

I don't think it would be to hard, it will obliviously avoid the warranty and obliviously you are taking a chance at destroying the phone. The hardest part would be getting the contacts right and also making the mechanism work.

I gave a general concept of how one could work, the gold contacts get pulled by the spring loaded switch, the contacts and springs do not touch so no risk of electric shock

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just use a pinhole like the old Palms used.
We use that same system for cmos/bios on laptops.

It's not complex, they just don't want to spend the 5 minutes on design, tenth of a cent for parts, and anything that will interrupt the smooth lines of the phone. It's the ideology of Apple... nothing compromises the design. Even if the product sucks, at least it looks good right?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get my hands on a demo unit for a few minutes a friend of mine is reviewing. The SD card is under a removable panel on the back at the bottom behind the "chin". As for the non-removable battery it seems to have a similar system to the Asus Transformer and most other tablets. When the power button is held for 10+ seconds a dedicated power circuit cuts power for 1 second and is not able to be remapped. Although for me the the real issue with the battery is I like to have a 2nd battery sitting in a charging cradle ready to go when the one in my phone gets low. I hate to have my wireless phone wired to anything.

Last edited: