Emoji on rooted Optimus V?

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted Optimus V with BobZhomes Gingerbread Rom. I use GoSms Pro+GoSms Emoji Plugin. My friend with an iPhone sent me some emojis and all i could see was "?=? ?=? ?=?"
I thought, "huh, that's weird... I cant see the emojis. I wonder if she can see them if I send them?"
So I sent her some and she got the same thing I did: ?=?, even though she has an iPhone.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled both GoSms Pro & GoSms Emoji Plugin, hoping that it would solve the problem. But, sadly, it didn't.
Then I decided to check the forums and some people suggested chompSMS (that didn't work either) And I gave up and started typing this thread. :p

Is there any Rom with emojis working? Is there a text file I can change to get emojis?
Please help. :-* :)

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I know that feel bro.
Bump, because this is my exact issue, and none of these solutions have worked for me, either.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I know that feel bro.
Bump, because this is my exact issue, and none of these solutions have worked for me, either.

I think it's my rom.
I'm going to restore to stock and see if it works. Ill let you know if it works.

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I tryed go sms on stock but it still doesn't show the emojis :-/

I'll try again when I get home from school

Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I tryed go sms on stock but it still doesn't show the emojis :-/

I'll try again when I get home from school

This sucks. All my friends have iPhones so this lack of emoji is a problem... :/

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I just noticed something!
my friend sent me a picture with the emojis added, and I could see them!
So I know we can see emojis, they just have to be in an MMS, instead of an SMS.
But I still want to find a way for us to see them as an SMS :/

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I just noticed something!
my friend sent me a picture with the emojis added, and I could see them!
So I know we can see emojis, they just have to be in an MMS, instead of an SMS.
But I still want to find a way for us to see them as an SMS :/

That's definitely progress! I'll keep searching.
We're going to solve this issue.

NotFarmer

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem with my motorola triumph. i feel like its a virgin mobile thing because when i send my girlfriend emoji's she receives them. this is when we are both on go sms. and we are both on virgin mobile.

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I have emoji but there all black and white. I haven't figured out how to get colored ones yet.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem with my motorola triumph. i feel like its a virgin mobile thing because when i send my girlfriend emoji's she receives them. this is when we are both on go sms. and we are both on virgin mobile.

Could be
My friend with an android on AT&T can get emojis perfectly via go SMS pro

crystalllll

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! I have Virgin Mobile too. I tried buying two different Virgin Mobile androids to solve this thinking it was just my phone. On both phones I tried 4 different apps like Go Sms (Chomp sms, handcent, go keyboard) AND NOTHING :'(
As somebody mentioned, I did get emojis when sent in a picture message, but nothing else everything was just "?=?+=?", even with iPhone users.
I called VM's customer service and they had no answer and couldn't help one bit.
you guys figured out how to fix this?

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
nothing yet. except for what johnh02 said
Hey guys! I have Virgin Mobile too. I tried buying two different Virgin Mobile androids to solve this thinking it was just my phone. On both phones I tried 4 different apps like Go Sms (Chomp sms, handcent, go keyboard) AND NOTHING :'(
As somebody mentioned, I did get emojis when sent in a picture message, but nothing else everything was just "?=?+=?", even with iPhone users.
I called VM's customer service and they had no answer and couldn't help one bit.
you guys figured out how to fix this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress