Ready to throw a chair at someone

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with VM customer service? I mean I know one shouldn't base how good a company's customer service is on a couple of calls but when only 1 rep out of 14 has been helpful, I can't help but have a bad view of the overall level of service VM is providing. My issue? Trying to get a replacement Optimus V. I understood when it was sold out back on the 10th and couldn't get one then, I was fine with that. I called back when they had em in stock on the 15th and was forced to call back again on the 16th and finally got the order placed....many days later...counting today....I still don't even have a tracking number for the order. It hasn't even been shipped. They keep placing a ticket on the issue and tell me to call back in 24-72 hours for a resolution...that was 74 hours ago and now I'm being told to call back again. I'm about fed up. I like the phone and the cost of service, but having to deal with VM's phone reps makes me reconsider even keeping the damn service and going elsewhere and I really don't want to spend $150 to buy a replacement at Radio Shack when I'm still under warranty. Ugh...I need a beer and a lap dance...
/end rant

Reactions: jmel

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If there is a phone at radio shack or best buy get it and call vm and tell them you need a return shipping label. That you found a phone locally and will activate it once you have a return shipping label.

When you call politely ask to have your call escalated to a level three supervisor. Explain to the csr that its not a problem with them personally you just need to speak with a supervisor. Tell the supervisor you would like to return the phone and get a refund plus some credit for the wasted time while you werent able to use your service. If nothing else they might offer you a 25 dollar credit.

They can issue a printable label that you can print and take to ups/fedex and ship the phone back. Once you get the label activate the new phone on your current number and then head over to ups/fedex.

Then get the lap dance and beer.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's how I look at it.

• You're paying $25/month, you can't expect as good or better service than the telco's who'll charge you $70+/month for the same crappy service.
  • Virgin is experiencing what ATT did when they launched the iphone. They have a smokin' deal and a popular phone. They were wholly unprepared for the influx of new customers.

So I would take your experience in stride and realize that VM is getting *pounded* right now. I would hate to be working for them...

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If there is a phone at radio shack or best buy get it and call vm and tell them you need a return shipping label. That you found a phone locally and will activate it once you have a return shipping label.

When you call politely ask to have your call escalated to a level three supervisor. Explain to the csr that its not a problem with them personally you just need to speak with a supervisor. Tell the supervisor you would like to return the phone and get a refund plus some credit for the wasted time while you werent able to use your service. If nothing else they might offer you a 25 dollar credit.

They can issue a printable label that you can print and take to ups/fedex and ship the phone back. Once you get the label activate the new phone on your current number and then head over to ups/fedex.

Then get the lap dance and beer.

I'll try this out probably Friday when I get paid. I still have to call back today to find out the status of the ticket that was submitted.

ray vina

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
i bought two phones on the 18th. one is working and on the other 3g does not work. customer service is a joke. the first time i called they told me it will be resolved in 72 hours. i called back for an update after 72 hours and they told me it would be 5 days. i called back after 5 days and then they told me 10 days. i dont even want to call back, they might tell me 20 days. i asked them to give me some kind of credit and they gave me 10 bonus talk minutes. wooo hooo!!! i asked them what the issue was and customer service has no clue. is anyone else having these customer service issues?

RoboBot

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem. My phone is going on a week with 0, none, zilch 3G data transfer, ever. I've tried 3G repeatedly, every day. Customer service told me a few days, at first, then a week, for the trouble ticket to be resolved. As soon as Best Buy has more phones in stock, I'm flashing the phone back to stock and exchanging it. I tried activating the phone repeatedly, using VM codes per the techs request, and using the app, with the stock OS, to no avail. So frustrating. Love the phone, luckily I have a 4G hotspot (hacked iSpot, $25/mo, unlimited), so I have not been left with a dumb phone 90% of the time. But, regardless, I did not buy a smart phone to not have any 3G. I like to leave the iSpot at home and had hoped to use the phone on the go for pandora, email and VOIP calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress