Lost data connection! Anyone know whats up?

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had 3g or any data on my phone for almost 2 weeks. I have recently rooted and flashed my phone using cwm recovery and i flashed aosp cm7. I also recently bricked my phone by doing reset to factory through privacy but i got out of this by installing sprint optimus S rom. I am back on stock vm optimus v rom though and my 3g and data will not work for nothing. Obviously something has messed this up considering i have flashed to several stock vm optimus v roms and also my activate button will not even work on any of the stock roms. Something is wrong with the settings or internal. Anyone know?

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Follow the steps from the PRL changing guide, up to the point where you "Read from Phone" (step 16).

Go to the M.IP tab. under nai, you should have two entries that say:
(MEID)@mdata.vmobl.com
(MEID)@prov.vmobl.com

If they say sprint.com or anything other than vmobl.com, you have messed up your phone. See here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/66065-mobile-data-issue-after-wrong-sw-update.html

If and only if this has happened to you, you may want to try this fix: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/77870-bricked-lg-optimus-v.html#post850501

This should flash everything back to stock including your radio settings which cannot be changed through normal means.

If on, the other hand, your M.IP settings are normal, you need to figure out a way to get the activate app to work. With a clean install, there is no reason for it not to run.

Last edited:
Reactions: banjoman05

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
hey mmarz how long does it take to do that fix though? I actually tried that kdz fix in emergency mode before when i thought i bricked my phone and it was in emergency phone for 30+ mins and still never got past that screen so i just quit. It kept saying do not unplug usb. But it was literally 30 - 45 mins and it was still on that screen. Any idea how long it takes?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Emergency mode on its own doesn't do anything. The software on your computer that you are running to upload the firmware is what should tell you that you are finished, the kdz software. Did you follow the directions I posted or some other directions? I have no idea how long it should take, but your phone would be bricked right now if you disconnected too early.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it was when you put the sprint firmware on there that caused this. You should try following my KDZ guide using only the files I linked to. If that fails, let me know and I'll give you a second set of instructions. This is all uncharted waters.

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
i did all the way up to step 16. I select cdma and emergency and nothing happens. It says to wait for it to ask to pick the optimus v firmware. but it never asks anything.

gallerocks

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
it has a spot to pick a .kdz file but i dont have any .kdz files to put in there and it has a button under it saying launch software update

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I told you, uncharted waters. Here is what you should do.
  1. Download the KP500 updater: http://forum.androidcentral.com/att...ing-kp500-diag-mode-kp500-utils-en-v0.4.2.zip
  2. Extract it into your C:\ directory such that KP500-Utils-EN.exe is located: C:\KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\KP500-Utils-EN.exe
  3. Place the Firmware cab file into the same directory
  4. Rename the cab file from VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab to VM670ZV4_13.cab
  5. Remove any instance of any previous LG Updater from your PC. Do this by going to C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client and then clicking on the file B2CAppUninstall.exe
  6. Then delete the folder LGMOBILEAX
  7. Install the LG Mobile Support Tool http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp
  8. Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card
  9. Turn phone back on
  10. Connect your phone with the USB
  11. Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging
  12. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe
  13. Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter
  14. Type VM670 for Phone Model and press enter
  15. Type VM670ZV4_13.cab and press enter
  16. Type VM670ZV4_13 for the Version and press enter
  17. The updater in my package will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.
  18. Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.
  19. Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.
  20. Your phone will stay on the android animation for a while and then it will start looping the animation. This happened to me, but don't panic. Wait about 4 or 5 minutes while it's looping.
  21. After that take the battery out. It's the only way to turn the phone off.
  22. Press and hold the "Power/Lock", "Home" and "Volume down" buttons down and wait until the little droid dude and progress bar appears. Then release the buttons. This is a factory reset.
  23. Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen.

Directions from here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/267002-lg-optimus-v-development-thread.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Eollie

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tested it. I'm leaving that up to people who actually need to do it. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

I posted on your topic. Just need to make a slight correction in your explanation. The cab files have to be vm670zv4_13 in both lines. If not I don't think it will find the file. That's what I did on the OS when I had it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk