Phone charges but won't show as a device on pc.

DivAnder

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
So I've had a Galaxy S4 for a while now. Recently however, whenever I plug it into my pc it charges but will not show up as a drive on the pc.
The phone is on Vodafone UK and is insured, so may have to claim.
I have tried common solutions by the way. I have tried different ports with different cables. I've tried multiple desktops and laptops and the usb port in my car. I have installed the various programs that wipe out all your drivers leaving my wireless mouse and keyboard disabled (until I reconnected the BT dongle), plugged my phone in and nothing happened apart from my phone started to charge.
I had a problem before with it where it wouldn't charge at all, and had to send it back. I feel it hasn't been properly fixed and the micro USB slot is still faulty.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
So I've had a Galaxy S4 for a while now. Recently however, whenever I plug it into my pc it charges but will not show up as a drive on the pc.
The phone is on Vodafone UK and is insured, so may have to claim.
I have tried common solutions by the way. I have tried different ports with different cables. I've tried multiple desktops and laptops and the usb port in my car. I have installed the various programs that wipe out all your drivers leaving my wireless mouse and keyboard disabled (until I reconnected the BT dongle), plugged my phone in and nothing happened apart from my phone started to charge.
I had a problem before with it where it wouldn't charge at all, and had to send it back. I feel it hasn't been properly fixed and the micro USB slot is still faulty.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried to redownload and install Samsung drivers?

DivAnder

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope, it brings up the windows driver installer dialog but says Ethernet Controller Not Found. The rest of the installation looks as though it is successful, nothing changed. Installed Samsung Kies too

DivAnder

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks anyway. I think the fact it won't work on multiple computers with different cables points to a problem with the phone, most likely the dodgy microUSB port.
I'll send it away for a fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699