Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T has been 'updated' backwards?

Wiganken

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Today I saw an update was available for my phone's OS. I noticed it seemed odd that my current OS was MIUI 12.0.4 Stable 12.0.4.0(QCXEUXM) and the update was going to take it to MIUI 12.0.2 Stable 12.0.2.0(RCXEUXM) but I thought they must know what they are doing so I allowed the update to proceed. The end result is that my phone seems to have had a 'backward' update although there did not seem anything wrong with it as it was.

If I 'Check for updates' there are none available and yet the phone was on a later version so what's going on?

Have Xiaomi messed up here? Has anyone elses phone had a backwards update?

Pre update (1).jpg
Before update
After update (2).jpg
After update

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I don't know why they labelled them that way.
I have 2 Xiaomi phones that went from MIUI 11 to MIUI 12 then a long wait for 12.5 which is a significant efficiency update, and now 12.5.2.

If you are now on 12.0.2, by your shots you were upgraded to Android 11 (About Phone - tap Android Version several times for an Easter egg).

You should be able to find out if you will eventually get 12..5.2 although Android 12 and MIUI 13 are not far away. You will probably get 12.5.2 which updates your security patch to 1 August ATM