get a second status bar on a notched phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi everyone! I recently upgraded from a moto E2 to the Xiaomi Mi 8, a massive jump from a budget 2015 smartphone to a 2018 flagship. While I'm in love with all this extra screen space I've got, there is one thing that really irks me. On other phones I've used I'm used to being able to see notification icons in the status bar so I can easily see at a glance if I've got lots of notifications or none at all, whether I've got notifications from a specific app, etc. On the Mi 8, because of the notch, there isn't a lot of space for the status bar so the clock fills the left hand side and the network, wifi and battery icons fill the right side. This means I have no indication of what app notifications I have.

TL;DR
Is there an app I can get that extends the status bar downwards so there is room for the app notification icons?? I don't mind losing a bit of screen real estate

raves68

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem,I enabled all the notifications to appear on the lock screen so that helps. Can't find a way round it, have you found an app yet??