Video Out

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried using the HDMI out or a micro usb cable yet? Holiday season coming up which will include some hotel stays and looking to entertain the lil one (netflix) while we are getting ready for bed.

jondi23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
it works 720p on netflix. but dont charge the tablet ad have the hdmi at the same time it will over heat and slow you tablet down

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Works great. I have a bunch of my kids' favorite shows on it and use it with the HDMI on our TV without a DVR. I've had no trouble with sound or picture quality. I use a $5 micro HDMI cable I bought off of ebay.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
it works 720p on netflix. but dont charge the tablet ad have the hdmi at the same time it will over heat and slow you tablet down

Slight correction... It doesn't OVERheat, but to keep itself FROM overheating it underclocks the CPU down somewhere around 450mhz. Unfortunately that's a designing flaw of the tegra 2 soc. They lack ARM SIMD hardware, also they lack NEON instruction support for the CPU. They're less efficient than other dual core soc's, and FAR less efficient than the ipad 2's chipset.

In Nvidia's defense though, they said from the start it wouldn't be the most powerful dual core ARM chipset... only that it would be the FIRST dual core chipset.

I'm wondering if there's a TI OMAP device wth 1gb ram, or any other dual core device spec'd similar with another brands chipset. I know the Nook tablet does, but I absolutely hated that device. The kindle fire only has 512 ram, although it did run some games with higher fps.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Problem is Netflix only sends the video the device can handle. It does not increase based on you connecting to a TV

blb04g

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes the HDMI streaming is laggy and freezes alot and not charging it does help but it is a double edge sword. Sometimes I stream from espn 3 and the battery just won't last the whole game so there will be a point where you will need to charge and to be honest after 30 min to an hour of streaming with or without it charging it starts to slow down.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk