Rooting...

ThomasPoulton

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

So I have the Samsung galaxy note 2 running on 4.1.2 and lately I've been considering rooting my device..
I'm a person that is an organise freak.. I want all my files into organised places really, and it frustrates me when apps such as instagram, when you upload a photo and then it would save the photo in the devices folders, taking up memory over a period of time, but like I said this is just instagram, there are plenty of other apps to do so..

So, would rooting be able to allow me to change what these apps do? where they save their files? and also, what other benefits does rooting your device do?.. I know it voids the warranty, but I'd consider the risk if it did what I wanted it to do..

One last thing is
What is the most beneficial advantage of rooting your device?

I'd also appreciate if someone could direct me to somewhere a noob friendly sort of tutorial on how to root my device, (listed above)

Many thanks!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
In short no. Rooting only opens up Android to allow additional permissions to apps that they would not otherwise have access to. It will not change the way mainstream apps behave. In my opinion, few people have a real need to root their device. If you find an app in the Play Store that you really have a need for and it says that it requires that the phone to be rooted, then maybe then you have a need. Also, rooted phones do not get OTA Android version updates.

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Like what patruns said, no. Rooting gives you Root access to the device, meaning you have complete control over it. Rooting is rather simple with a good set of instructions, and it debloats factory installed junk when you root and install a Custom ROM. One of the beneficial features of rooting is let's say your carrier doesn't release the latest Android update to your device, Custom ROMS will bring you a newer version of Android, thus increasing the life of your device. But, for what you want to do, I don't really see a need to root, what you want isn't possible most likely. Just in case, here is a GN2 rooting tutorial...

:::Beginners Guide:::How To Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (the Safest and Easiest methods) | HowTo.Teachers
[Beginners Guide]How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia