Why I can't update to Marshmallow after factory reset?

SebsMech89

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I got the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update notification on my Moto X Play XT1562 running Lollypop 5.1.1 purchased in Norway. To avoid any problems, last night I did a factory reset before updating, but after doing so, when tapping on "check for system updates", it says "The system is up to date".

After updating all stock apps tried over and over again, but couldn't find the update. Does anybody know what may be happening?

Regards

Last edited:

SebsMech89

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the answer, do you know if there is any way to force it? It's really annoying to use the phone running only on stock apps (and whatsapp...)

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
is there not softwareapplication like you get with samsung where you plug your phone into pc then update have u tried that but with moto software :)

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the answer, do you know if there is any way to force it? It's really annoying to use the phone running only on stock apps (and whatsapp...)

At this point you just have to wait 2-3 days, notifications are sent in "waves" according to IMEI database to avoid server' bandwidth overload. They will be sent every 48-72 hours to your device for some weeks until you upgrade, when every IMEI has decided either accepting or rejecting the upgrade then the update is made available for all devices in the main server (and you can then upgrade in settings -> search for system update), this happens usually 2-3 months after the first invitations are sent.

SebsMech89

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
At this point you just have to wait 2-3 days, notifications are sent in "waves" according to IMEI database to avoid server' bandwidth overload. They will be sent every 48-72 hours to your device for some weeks until you upgrade, when every IMEI has decided either accepting or rejecting the upgrade then the update is made available for all devices in the main server (and you can then upgrade in settings -> search for system update), this happens usually 2-3 months after the first invitations are sent.

That's very interesting, I'll just be patient then. Thank you very much.

Regards

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You'd have been better factory resetting after the OTA if you wanted to ensure a clean slate post update. However a system cache clear post update is usually enough.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That's very interesting, I'll just be patient then. Thank you very much.

Regards

you're welcome, in Spain the update is already available in the main server but the first week it was only available through upgrade notifications / invitations. Hope you share some feedback about the M upgrade and how you feel about it.