way to send & receive calls via WiFi ?

SouthEastNC

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of a cheap way to make and receive calls from my unrooted Droid X using WiFi instead of Verizon? Going to be staying at a mountain house that has wireless internet, but no cell service.

If there is a way to do this, I'd like to receive the calls from people dialing my normal mobile number. I have Google Voice, I use it for voicemail, never used it for sending/receiving calls - don't know if that might be my best bet?

Thank you again for any insight!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I used this thread to use Google voice and Sipdroid to make free wifi calls. Free VoIP Calling Using Google Voice + Sipdroid The call quality is fairly decent but sometimes the person on the other line tell me there's a slight delay. I've done this for making calls, I haven't set it up to receive calls. This may not be the best option but it works for me. Hope that helps.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice + Groove IP will cover that base and much more. There's a really long thread about "GrooveIP" here in the Applications forum so you can get a handle on how people are making out with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non