Why do I get a network connection error when I attempt to go on YouTube?

A

AC Question

when i attempt to go on youtube it says

When i go on the YouTube app on my phone it just says "Please check your network connection" i press the Retry button right under it because my wifi bar is at full strength and it does nothing, i restart my phone and router multiple times trying to fix this problem and i can't go on Google either it just says "Can't load search results" and they stopped at the same exact time, but i can go on Tumblr so I am extremely confused.
Please help

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: when i attempt to go on youtube it says

When i go on the YouTube app on my phone it just says "Please check your network connection" i press the Retry button right under it because my wifi bar is at full strength and it does nothing, i restart my phone and router multiple times trying to fix this problem and i can't go on Google either it just says "Can't load search results" and they stopped at the same exact time, but i can go on Tumblr so I am extremely confused.
Please help

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your phone settings, applications, all apps, find the YouTube app and clear the data. That should reset the app and may fix the issue.

tylergbond

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

If you look at the wifi signal bars and they are not blue or green you can do this (on rooted devices only) ... go to files... system... etc... find file labled hosts in etc.. delete hosts. This also fixes issues connecting to google apps

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

richard newman2

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

Hello, just wanted to say that I had this issue on a galaxy core prime and clearing all data did the trick for me. I tried to clear the cache first with no luck. Hope this helps.

CatsInvent99

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Whenever i go to my YouTube app in my android phone, Most of the video that i click has the messege ' Connection to server lost Tap to retry ' but when i click retry it keeps doing the same thing, Even my Google Play Store doesn't work keep saying ' Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped. My phone is rooted

Filee

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
That method does work but now i cant connect to the internet i mean its just loading and loading and loading.Please help me.

darlin18

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Had the same issue. What worked for me was when I changed the date and time settings on my phone to automatic date and time and automatic timezone.

Olioak

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I did have this issue on my S7 Edge I cleared the Data and Cache but nothing happened but I did delete a Youtube Channel on one of my Google Emails and deleting that Email from the Google Accounts fixed the issue for me.

Jamie720

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
This morning I had the same problem so I signed out of the app on my s7 edge, the main video feed appeared but when I tried to sign back in it came up with the same error. I also tried to clear the data and the cache. Is there anything else I can do?

erezs1

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Hi,
For me it occurs only when I'm on mobile connection, if I sign out of my account youtube is back. also I'm able to work with my account with mobile data through the browser.
Tried erasing cache, data, reinstalling youtube and earlier versions, nothing works...
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Erez

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@erezs1, welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names​, select your main APN and edit it, and disable IPv6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed