S4 Adapt Sound Problems

U

Unregistered

When I attempt to turn on adapt sound on my Verizon Galaxy S4 I see a dialog box "adapt sound can not be turned on while ear phones are connected. I am using the Samsung earbuds provided with the phone.
I hhave turned the phone off, turned adapt sound off and back on, and retried the adapt sound setup. Any suggestions?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I attempt to turn on adapt sound on my Verizon Galaxy S4 I see a dialog box "adapt sound can not be turned on while ear phones are connected. I am using the Samsung earbuds provided with the phone.
I hhave turned the phone off, turned adapt sound off and back on, and retried the adapt sound setup. Any suggestions?
Clear the cache in recovery:

Power off the device. Hold volume up+home+power until recovery loads. Use volume down to highlight clear cache and use power to accept. Reboot and try the adaptive settings, it should work.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

jeffrey_b

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Srk,
Got recovery to boot, cleared the cache, and went through the adapt sound set up process again. Still getting the same message, "Unable to turn on Adaptive Sound while earphones are connected"

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Srk,
Got recovery to boot, cleared the cache, and went through the adapt sound set up process again. Still getting the same message, "Unable to turn on Adaptive Sound while earphones are connected"
Hmmm, that's interesting. I'll keep an eye out for a fix and be sure to refer back to here and post it. Let us know if you find anything as well.

jeffrey_b

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Tried Samsung Live Chat Tech Support. After removing the battery for 30 seconds, and trying a second pair of genuine Samsung earbuds (that came with the wife's S5) he referred me to the tech support phone line.
I must say the hold time was very short. That was the bright spot of the call. After being put back on hold while the agent researched the problem she returned to have me try the battery and the alternate earbuds again. Understandable. When neither worked she placed me back on hold for more research and returned to say Adapt Sound is not supposed to work with earphones, nor is the Noise Reduction or Extra Volume Range. We argued for a while about Adapt Sound and her research then instructed me to perform a hard reset. I asked for any other options and was told to take the phone to Best Buy.
Haven't tried that yet...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty