battery draining on my note 3

bernice062985

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Why is my battery draining so fast? I try pushing down on the home button and close everything. I also have the screen brightness on auto. But it still runs out quickly? Even when I go to bed and it's at 100% when I wake up it'll be at like 85%. Why? Could it be an app I have that's causing this or running applications? Please help

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It could be various things. At the end of a day's normal use, make screenshots of your battery usage stats and post them here. Tell us what your signal strength is, also your screen-on time. Tell us also whether your basic settings for syncing and location reporting are set with battery-saving in mind. Then we'll attempt a diagnosis.

Also, a Power Off and Restart may fix any wakelocks that could be drawing battery charge overnight.

Please say if you need any advice on how to do any of the above things. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After 18 months(?), the battery isn't going to hold up as well as it did when it was new, but 15% in 8 hours of doing nothing with the screen off seems a but much. (Not a lot, just a bit - 10% would be okay.)

In the morning, after starting at 100%, go to Settings/General/Battery and take a screen shot. (If there are more items, scroll down and take another screen shot. Then tap the graph at the top and take a screen shot. Post those screen shots here. (See How To Post Screenshots on Android Central.) Then we'll see what we're talking about. (I have a Note 3, but still running 4.4.2, so I should be getting a little worse battery life than you are. I took mine off the charger about 2 hours ago and have been using it, and I'm down to 91% at the moment.)

If you can charge it overnight, then get through the day without fropping the battery below 40%, I wouldn't worry. (Leaving it on the charger all night won't hurt it - charging stops when the battery is fully charged. Dropping the battery down to 20% will shorten its life.)

If you can't do that, I'd buy a spar battery, keep it fully charged and in some sort of soft plastic case (Walmart sells thin transparent plastic by the yard, and it glues with plastic cement) in your pocket (it's what I do) then, if the battery drops to 40% and I still need to use the phone for a while, I swap batteries.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95