The Very Probable/Possible Damage resulting from the update.

dmonetted1964

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Recently my husband purchased a used Tab3 10.1 that before it was sold the settings had been reset back to the original factory setting.
So, about 3 wks after owning/using I began receiving the pop up request to update.
I have been selecting the ask me after 3 hrs, time and time again. Now the reason I have been opting to post pone this update is because about 7 months ago I purchased two Galaxy Nexus 7.1 tablets with this same lollipop version as my Tab3 10.1.
And I kept just one of the Nexus 7.1 for myself and gave away the other. And, I started getting the pop ups with the install update now prompt but, one day after shutting down my tablet due to a low battery and thinking it would charge faster.
But, much to my anger when after a bit of time had passed and I had turned it on I had discovered it had auto updated to the kit kat version software and it began freezing up all the time and part of the screen would apear and the problems only increased to the point it turned into a brick. I really really need advice on allowing this update or not...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Recently my husband purchased a used Tab3 10.1 that before it was sold the settings had been reset back to the original factory setting.
So, about 3 wks after owning/using I began receiving the pop up request to update.
I have been selecting the ask me after 3 hrs, time and time again. Now the reason I have been opting to post pone this update is because about 7 months ago I purchased two Galaxy Nexus 7.1 tablets with this same lollipop version as my Tab3 10.1.
And I kept just one of the Nexus 7.1 for myself and gave away the other. And, I started getting the pop ups with the install update now prompt but, one day after shutting down my tablet due to a low battery and thinking it would charge faster.
But, much to my anger when after a bit of time had passed and I had turned it on I had discovered it had auto updated to the kit kat version software and it began freezing up all the time and part of the screen would apear and the problems only increased to the point it turned into a brick. I really really need advice on allowing this update or not...

I would suggest the update. Beyond the OS differences, there may be important security updates that would make it important enough to update. If you have issues after accepting the update you can try to resolve the problems by first clearing the cache, or a factory reset (backup your data first).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch