How do I turn off Amber alert notifications in andriod 6.0?

A

AC Question

The sound is loud and scares me to death every time it goes off! Very annoying in public places!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Which phone do you have? In most devices you can find them in the Messaging app settings. Another option is using the search option in the general settings. Tap on the magnifying glass top right and search for 'amber'.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This may also be in the general system settings, in the sound and notification then other sounds. There is an Emergency tone item, you get 3 choices - Alert, vibrate, silent. There is no option to change what the sound is.

anna berger

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Sumsung 5. As far as settings go, I can not find anything "Amber" based on a search. The closest I have been able to find "Emergency tone" which I have now set to "vibrate" -- it that it? If so, were there more options for broadcast messages under the "lollipop" version? I recently upgraded to 6.0. Is it possible they (Google) took away functionality?

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Look in SETTINGS > MORE > EMERGENCY BROADCASTS

You can turn Amber alerts on or off, turn vibrate on or off, and you can opt out of receiving Amber alerts. You cannot however adjust the alert volume.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

mwsasser

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
For Android 6:

Alerts are now found in Apps on your main screen, not in settings. Select Apps at the bottom of your screen, it will take you to the page(s) of apps you have installed. Look for Emergency Alerts, the icon is often a triangle with an exclamation point. Touch it, then select More -> Settings in the top right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana