Why won't my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge read my album

A

AC Question

I just recently got this phone and have added a few albums to my phone through Ripping my CD's and dragging the music folder into my Samsung's folder. It seems to have accepted most my albums, but when I transfer my Slipknot album ".5 - The Gray Chapter", it shows up on my computer that the folder/files are there, but it doesn't show up at all on my phone. How can I fix this problem to add the album, when all my others have worked via the same method?

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Are the files in the same format. Some devices aren't set up to play all formats. My phone's stock music player won't play some of my music that is in .wma format. Never had the problem on any of my other phones... Anyways I downloaded MX Player from the playstore and I use it instead of the stock player. It will play all formats.

Daniel_McAdam

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I've checked the format and all albums have been saved under .mp3, but my problem is it only shows up on the phone itself that I have 4 slipknot albums, when I dragged the folder containing all 5 across to the phone's music file.

Edit: I tried transferring the file of the album itself over to my phone's music folder and it said it could not be copied, w/o any specific explanation. So I created a folder myself within my phone's music folder and dragged all the album's contents into that folder. Everything transferred but I had the error message telling me that the Thumbs.db file couldn't be copied. The file only appears in the "Slipknot" & "All Hope Is Gone" folders, so I'm not sure if that is exactly reason for my problem. Unfortunately it still doesn't appear in my phone, yet appears to show on my PC's version of the phone's music folder.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amy453