New Tab S3 distortion and smearing when scrolling

A

AC Question

I received my new Tab S3 last week and immediately noticed that when i scroll through a page or flick through pictures lengthwise, one side of the screen moves slower than the other (except when scrolling very slowly). It almost gives the effect that the image bends/warps slightly and then recomposes as the other side of the image catches up. If I flip the tablet the slow side does not change. It's split-second adjustment but enough to be noticeable. Also on dark backgrounds, colours smear noticeably when I scroll relatively quickly and they recompose once the scrolling stops.

Is this typical on Amoled displays? I didn’t think such an expensive tablet would have issues like this…

princessevelyn

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
I purchased a Tab S3 as soon as it came out and have had no problems with it for the last year and half (and I had to have the screen replaced earlier this year because I broke it). Suddenly, this month (after the latest system update), I've started having the very issues you describe in this post. The bottom half of the screen refreshes slowly in video active apps and freezes completely in static apps. I've not been able to find a fix, though Samsung wants me to do a factory reset. I hesitate to do that as I have several apps that will not backup, and I will permanently lose data in them. I've also seen in several posts on other devices with similar issues that the reset didn't fix it. I'm interested if you returned your tablet or found a fix for the issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY