microSD Card Not Ejecting- Suggestions?

BusyMomKS

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all! My Chromebook Flip will not eject my micro SD card. I can push it in, but when it begins to slide out it gets caught on the top of the slot. Anyone else have this issue? Is it a design flaw or just my unit?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's unfortunate, but it must be either a) your Flip unit, or b) your SD card.
I say this because the first Flip I got from Amazon wouldn't even let the SD card be inserted fully; opposite of your problem, I guess. It was so intensely springy that it would literally SHOOT out from the slot if I breathed the wrong way. I had to push on it about 10 or 20 times before it would finally accept it inside without spitting it out, but then eventually spit it out after about a minute.

I returned the Flip for another from Amazon, got it 2nd-day, and the same SD card slides right on in and stays in just fine.
Now, the trackpad on this unit is super clicky compared to my first one...guess Asus has some quality control issues on these things?

If you can, I would try to swap it with another. If you can't, at least you can still get it out if you push on it but use something to push the card down a little while releasing, right?

BusyMomKS

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Must be the unit... SD card slides great and releases great when I insert it in another family member's tablet. I had to "guide it out" of my Flip which always makes me nervous. Unfortunately, Best Buy wasn't much help in the exchange department even with the warranty I got through them. Hopefully, I won't need to get the card out too much.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, really? Best Buy won't swap it out? I don't have much experience with returns outside of Amazon...they make it as easy as it could possibly ever be. It's downright mad how easy they make it. "Don't like it? Something wrong? Okay, np, I don't care, I'll go ahead and send your new one out and it will be there in 2 days. In the meantime, you have 30 days from the day it is delivered to return the original to me. Bye!"

Kind of crazy.

Glad your SD card still works with your issue, though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer