Handcent SMS duplicates

benb70

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, I just got my Bionic today and I installed Handcent SMS. I noticed I've been getting duplicates of texts from people when they don't even send them and they come long after I received the original message. Any ideas for how to fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
same thing happens to me on my X occasionally. i think its actually a vzw issue, as i uninstalled handcent when it first started happening and it would still occasionally pop up even using the stock messenger.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, I just got my Bionic today and I installed Handcent SMS. I noticed I've been getting duplicates of texts from people when they don't even send them and they come long after I received the original message. Any ideas for how to fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I have had similar problems. At times, the messages will appear in handcent out of order too. I thought maybe it was a google voice issue, since I use that for my texting.

jf101

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's the fix:
Open Handcent>Settings>Application Settings>Default Messaging Applications>Change to your liking (SMS, MMS, or Both)
Done.

Reactions: eozdalga

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
same thing happens to me on my X occasionally. i think its actually a vzw issue, as i uninstalled handcent when it first started happening and it would still occasionally pop up even using the stock messenger.

I'm using Handcent too and also get duplicates periodically, but they're typically one right after the other. I experienced this at times as well on my previous HTC WinMo phone, so I would have to agree that I think it's more of an issue with VZW than the SMS software. And it actually may not be entirely on VZW....I typically start noticing this occuring more frequently between myslef and my fiancee when she travels for work and is in areas where she may not be on "VZW" towers, but would be in roaming areas.....but even then it's sporadic....not like EVERY txt from here while in those areas is duplicated, just some here or there, but that's when I notice it occurring the most frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty